• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHOWCASE 9 and ADVENTURE 247 are Useless Silver Age Books!

143 posts in this topic

Do you all agree that these 2 books are insignificant silver age books. Nobody cares about Lois Lane landing here own appearance in Showcase 9 and nobody collects Legion of Super Heroes anymore- making Adventure 247 useless.

These should be wiped off the top 20 silver age list ASAP. Ridiculous I don't know one collector who collects Lois Lane or Legion of Super Heroes.

Show of hands please.

please so who is collecting Lois Lane or Legion of Super Heroes to make these significant big SA books

Love the Legion, I have an almost complete collection from 1962 onwards to 1994.

Nice storylines.

Do you all agree that these 2 books are insignificant silver age books. Nobody cares about Lois Lane landing here own appearance in Showcase 9 and nobody collects Legion of Super Heroes anymore- making Adventure 247 useless.

These should be wiped off the top 20 silver age list ASAP. Ridiculous I don't know one collector who collects Lois Lane or Legion of Super Heroes.

Show of hands please.

paging tim. please report to the flogging booth

SHOWCASE 9 may be a bit of a slower sale, although it does seem to be genuinely scarce....but so are buyers at OSPG up to about 7.5. Adventure 247 seems to be a quick sale at above guide prices. In the 90's it was INSTANT money. I still have a lot of respect for the book. I liked the Legion when I was a kid.....but my favorite team books were always the ones with members that could be counted on one hand. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Do you think More Fun 101 is useless too and no one collects Superboy? :shy:

I don't know one collector who collects Lois Lane or Legion of Super Heroes.

Oh, you now know one collector who collects Legion and Lois Lane :grin:

Nice to meet you, my name is Danny

Danny my boy there aren't many left of your kind out there. Nevertheless I am impressed. Can't believe its both showcase9 and adventure 247 you're missing.

Hope you get em in a cgc 4.0 or better.

But in comparison to the other silver age keys these 2 should not be in the top 20.

SHOWCASE 9 may be a bit of a slower sale, although it does seem to be genuinely scarce....but so are buyers at OSPG up to about 7.5. Adventure 247 seems to be a quick sale at above guide prices. In the 90's it was INSTANT money. I still have a lot of respect for the book. I liked the Legion when I was a kid.....but my favorite team books were always the ones with members that could be counted on one hand. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Which is why the convulted mess that has become the X-Men stinks beyond belief.

Show of hands please.

I think you should come out with your own price guide.