• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which will be the best long term investment: Tecs or Actions?

283 posts in this topic

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

we know it is not your book...I still kick myself (in hindsight) for not buying it 2 years ago when it sat on clink for months, unsold at 20k doh!

I seem to remember a few people "poo pooing" the red stains on this book. and that they wouldn't touch it.

I remember this copy also selling on Bill Hughes site for $13,500, but that was probably 5 or so years ago.

yep, was on his site, sold... went to clink at 20K asking, offers never got much above 17k...was then auctioned on ebay where it went for 17500 or so... the current owner had it listed at 25K BIN on ebay for a while, then when the 8.0 when crazy, he pulled the book down...that is when I offered 30K (more than the previous months 25K BIN) and he wasn't interested in selling at that time...

last I heard

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

we know it is not your book...I still kick myself (in hindsight) for not buying it 2 years ago when it sat on clink for months, unsold at 20k doh!

I seem to remember a few people "poo pooing" the red stains on this book. and that they wouldn't touch it.

I remember this copy also selling on Bill Hughes site for $13,500, but that was probably 5 or so years ago.

yep, was on his site, sold... went to clink at 20K asking, offers never got much above 17k...was then auctioned on ebay where it went for 17500 or so... the current owner had it listed at 25K BIN on ebay for a while, then when the 8.0 when crazy, he pulled the book down...that is when I offered 30K (more than the previous months 25K BIN) and he wasn't interested in selling at that time...

last I heard

I know who owns that book because I helped him obtain it.. I'm pretty sure he still has it if I'm not mistaken. He is a board member, but wants to remain anonymous I think

I really wish a low grade CGC blue Action 13 would pop up, say a CGC 2.5 or CGC 3.0, heck I would even take one of those CGC 1.0's on the census. hm

I believe one of those CGC 1.0's on the census looks fantastic. I think a buddy of mine has a scan of it somewhere.

Was it this one?

Picture67.png

Very cool to see more copies. (thumbs u

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

last I heard

I know who owns that book because I helped him obtain it.. I'm pretty sure he still has it if I'm not mistaken. He is a board member, but wants to remain anonymous I think

This copy (owned by Robert Crestol copy I think) was sold as a buy it now for $25K and the buyer backed out the first time. It was re-listed as an auction and sold for $15K on ebay. It was bought by somebody in California.

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

last I heard

This copy (owned by Robert Crestol copy I think) was sold as a buy it now for $25K and the buyer backed out the first time. It was re-listed as an auction and sold for $15K on ebay. It was bought by somebody in California.

Lots of history posted about this book from different board members. If we keep it going, maybe we can eventually trace it back to what newsstand it was bought from back in 1938. :grin:

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

last I heard

Lots of history posted about this book from different board members. If we keep it going, maybe we can eventually trace it back to what newsstand it was bought from back in 1938. :grin:

:roflmao:

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

last I heard

Very true...maybe if we can contact Mr. Crestol, we will find even more history. Anybody with more info to add...that will be great. (thumbs u

that is one great thing about these boards, the cumulative info and puzzle solving ability!

and I believe it was the Dark Knight that provided the contact info to me a few years ago, so the boards' members are also very helpful too!

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

then flipped for $25k (along with a 4.0 Tec 31)...what's it worth today? $35K? My buddy paid $48K for a 5.0 WHITE last summer on HA...

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

then flipped for $25k (along with a 4.0 Tec 31)...what's it worth today? $35K? My buddy paid $48K for a 5.0 WHITE last summer on HA...
i know i was the underbidder :frustrated:

that is one great thing about these boards, the cumulative info and puzzle solving ability!

and I believe it was the Dark Knight that provided the contact info to me a few years ago, so the boards' members are also very helpful too!

I think I offered the book to you first Rick, but I guess you turned it down :cry:

I think I offered the book to you first Rick, but I guess you turned it down :cry:

yeah, you did...I was a bonehead then, because I had already turned it down at 5-10K less previously... little did I know :cry:

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

:foryou: I'll let you know when/if they are ready to sell :grin:

:P

:P
hindsight is 20/20 :makepoint:

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

Make sure you let everyone know.

:baiting:

Here is some eye candy:

Picture69.png

(No, Not my book)

(worship)

Why isn't that one in your sig?

I am going to say this and I never thought I would and I don't mean it as harsh as it sounds, but, there have been so many Action 1's for sale lately I am mildly getting tired of seeing Action 1's. Love the book and it is the grail of our hobby but man there have been "alot" for sale recently.

Show me an Action 7 or Action 10, which I have not seen in a long while, and then I will be much impressed. (thumbs u

I am going to say this and I never thought I would and I don't mean it as harsh as it sounds, but, there have been so many Action 1's for sale lately I am mildly getting tired of seeing Action 1's. Love the book and it is the grail of our hobby but man there have been "alot" for sale recently.

Show me an Action 7 or Action 10, which I have not seen in a long while, and then I will be much impressed. (thumbs u

Yeah...I'm getting bored of seeing so many ones (for sale at least). Here's the 7 again and perhaps you will get bored of it soon.

"The poor man's Action 1"

DC-260-75B0C21362.jpg

Yeah...I'm getting bored of seeing so many ones (for sale at least). Here's the 7 again and perhaps you will get bored of it soon.

"The poor man's Action 1"

DC-260-75B0C21362.jpg

(worship)

Perhaps the poor man's action 1, but that pic is of "a King NG" lol

That is the greatest NG I have seen to date. :applause:

And I still do not have my fill of Action 7 eye candy.