• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

On February 22, 2017 at 4:57 PM, VintageComics said:

Actually, besides the CC auction in December which had multiple copies (too close in grade IMO) in various grades and with poor eye appeal and page quality which set some low GPA prices, the book seems to have been doing well. I've sold a 5.0 and a 5.5 (former 6.0) for strong money. I'd say just like with all books, the eye appeal, PQ and auction fatigue all play a factor in auction prices.

The 6.0 cl copy sure validates the above thoughts

7 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

I really need to send my C-1 3.0 to try to have the restoration removed.  Hopefully Matt can work his magic. 

What kind of resto does it have? Of course, the "C" indicates that the resto was poorly done. 

54 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

What kind of resto does it have? Of course, the "C" indicates that the resto was poorly done. 

Small little strip of color touch.  Looks like it may have been done with a ballpoint pen.  You can see if it if you shine a flashlight on the book, even through the case.  Actually it's not C-1, it's Slight (A), so before they changed it to the resto scale.  Honestly not sure if he'll be able to take it out or not, but I figure it's worth a shot.  :shrug:

Book, for reference, and to show it off again!

T7EuF7eh.jpg

13 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

Small little strip of color touch.  Looks like it may have been done with a ballpoint pen.  You can see if it if you shine a flashlight on the book, even through the case.  Actually it's not C-1, it's Slight (A), so before they changed it to the resto scale.  Honestly not sure if he'll be able to take it out or not, but I figure it's worth a shot.  :shrug:

Book, for reference, and to show it off again!

T7EuF7eh.jpg

If there is bleed through, my guess is Matt will suggest that you leave it alone.  If it can be scraped off, it might be worth a shot if the area involved is small enough.

As it is, that's a nice looking book. 

On 3/1/2017 at 5:03 PM, Spiderturtle said:

It appears with the spike in recent af15 sales, the cl 7.5 and 9.2 sales... That hulk 1 can still be had for "good value",  nice eye appeal 5.0's and above

Ah, someone's thinking. The bargain right now is IH#1, not AF #15.

23 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Would be interesting to see how much the 9.0 copy at CC will sell for and how the price compare to the previous CL sale.  

Looks like it has a $230K bid on it.

21 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Looks like it has a $230K bid on it.

Woops, I slipped my comment in the wrong thread.  It was meant to be in the AF 15 thread comparing the CL CBCS 9.0 price to the CC CGC 9.0 copy.