• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

One of the notes for my Hulk 1 is:

''Center Spine Stain''

What does that mean do they mean just a regular stain or could it mean a rust stain?

My guess is that since it is in the center it has nothing to do with the staple (s) causing a rust stain (s).

Would CGC have written rust if that was the case?

Sorry if this sounds like a ''stupid'' question G.A.tor (member here) told me to buy the notes for my books to make sure all is OK so everything seems to be just fine except I do not understand the above note I mentioned for my Hulk 1 CGC 4.5.

And when they say '''Center Spine Stain'' do they mean inside the comic or outside the comic book?

I guess G.A.tor is correct in the future better be safe than sorry and buy the notes before buying the book (so far I got lucky all seems fine for all my key SA books).

One of the notes for my Hulk 1 is:

''Center Spine Stain''

What does that mean do they mean just a regular stain or could it mean a rust stain?

My guess is that since it is in the center it has nothing to do with the staple (s) causing a rust stain (s).

Would CGC have written rust if that was the case?

Sorry if this sounds like a ''stupid'' question G.A.tor (member here) told me to buy the notes for my books to make sure all is OK so everything seems to be just fine except I do not understand the above note I mentioned for my Hulk 1 CGC 4.5.

And when they say '''Center Spine Stain'' do they mean inside the comic or outside the comic book?

I guess G.A.tor is correct in the future better be safe than sorry and buy the notes before buying the book (so far I got lucky all seems fine for all my key SA books).

Hey, I thought I showed you how to get the notes in your BB28 Rusty Staples thread ? Now GATOR gets all the credit (lol). Seriously though, getting notes on all your books,after the fact, will drive you nuts. The notes sometimes seem to be written in a foreign language. Nobody here, including CGC, can tell you what the stain reference was. I would only obtain notes on a potential purchase or maybe a fresh submission. BTW, the older the Grade Date, the worse the notes seem to be.

Yes thanks I should have mentioned you as well. I am guessing if it is in the center spine it is not rust since the staples are not even close to the center of the comic book. Probably just a simple stain on the outside cover in the middle of the spine.

On their website they have a glossary of some of the terms they use and I found this one:

''Staple Rusted w/Rust Stained Interior''

So based on this I my guess is my Hulk 1 is just fine since they would have most likely used that terminology if their was a actual rust stain on my comic book.

Edited by Hulk1962

The IH #1 CBCS 8.0 on Comic Connect is already at $30.5K! :o

What will the final hammer price be? hm

IH #1 CBCS 8.0 on Comic Connect

Too bad it's in that holder. :P

-J.

lol The way CBCS books have been selling, it don't seem to make a big difference. (shrug)

Have they been selling well? It seems they still sell at a noticeable discount to CGC most of the time from what I have seen.

Unless we're talking restored books, which are nicely camouflaged by those pretty blue labels they stick on them. lol

-J.

The IH #1 CBCS 8.0 on Comic Connect is already at $30.5K! :o

What will the final hammer price be? hm

IH #1 CBCS 8.0 on Comic Connect

Too bad it's in that holder. :P

-J.

lol The way CBCS books have been selling, it don't seem to make a big difference. (shrug)

Have they been selling well? It seems they still sell at a noticeable discount to CGC most of the time from what I have seen.

Unless we're talking restored books, which are nicely camouflaged by those pretty blue labels they stick on them. lol

-J.

They are still lower than CGC books of course, but not by that much. (thumbs u Especially for mega key books for what I have observed. 2c