• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Well it's jumped up a lot :( oh well no chance for me hope they seller gets a good price.

I am new here so would saying the link be ok or would I have issues? It's not my comic and I do not know the seller.

Edited by Tollickd

Metro is sending most/all their raw books to CBCS to be graded.

When the customer then asks to have the book CGC graded, like I did, the books come back with lower grades.

CBCS : making sellers happy.

When I talked to metro at a little show in jersey ,they mentioned they liked the slab better

.....The CBCS slab, unfortunately for me, is a BEAST to open..... maybe there's some trick to it I don't know..... but some books I want the resto check but then keep it in a mylar. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

And they actually advertise that their slab is easier to open!

Well it's jumped up a lot :( oh well no chance for me hope they seller gets a good price.

I am new here so would saying the link be ok or would I have issues? It's not my comic and I do not know the seller.

Posting a link is fine; people do it all the time.

Hello Guys, :cool:

Any idea what the final hammer on this IH #1 CGC 8.0 will be on CC? hm Currently at $61K! :o

I'm gonna guess $70-75K respectively!

IH #1 CGC 8.0 on Comc Connect

Ugly wrap likely due to a cruddy press-job.

Definitely wouldn't pay that much for it...

You think that wrap is the result of a bad press?????

I think it's just gotta be a bad wrap.

If I wanted a high grade Hulk 1 I wouldn't go after this one.

Edited by gadzukes

no. born that way, but looks like more than 1/4 inch.

it wasn't a press realign job, the FC has white on the far right indicating that more paper than was intended got trimmed while making the cover forcing FC image onto the back...

Edited by aman619

no. born that way, but looks like more than 1/4 inch.

it wasn't a press realign job, the FC has white on the far right indicating that more paper than was intended got trimmed while making the cover forcing FC image onto the back...

I agree that the making of this IH #1 was flawed from the beginning and not a bad press job. That's still an impressive amount of money for this specimen! (thumbs u

the FC has white on the far right

Miscuts with white showing in the outer cover edges are very common on Hulk #1.

Right. I think that if this book had had its original spine moved to the back cover, we would see pages peeking through at the outer edge and there would be ticks where the original spine had been. I don't see either of those things on this copy.

the FC has white on the far right

Miscuts with white showing in the outer cover edges are very common on Hulk #1.

Right. I think that if this book had had its original spine moved to the back cover, we would see pages peeking through at the outer edge and there would be ticks where the original spine had been. I don't see either of those things on this copy.

Just to be clear, the white you see on this book are not the interior pages peeking. It is the white where the cover art ends and blank paper begins. It was supposed to be cut of' when the cover was trimmed at the publisher but the cover obviously wasn't sitting square when the factory trim happened and some white stayed on the cover when it was trimmed and stapled to the book.

So there are some pages slightly peeking out at the top, which is common on most SA Marvels, but as you move down the front cover open edge, the white cover stock starts to show.

This is the miscut I am talking about. Very common on Hulk #1.