• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

2.5 Brittle for $6055? :eek:

My thought exactly.

Probably about right? That's about ten percent below the last sale.

-J.

Silver age comics should not be brittle. Some kind of horrible storage situation had to have happened for a Silver Age comic to be Brittle.

I didn't look at this comic but I hope the cover looked more like a 3.5-4.0 otherwise I think even at a 10% discount this is too much.

Is the 6.5 just listed on Comiclink the 6.5 that sold in the auction?

Went to check but it seems I can't find the auction results anymore.

Yup, both listing have same scan / cert # (barring any complications, you should be able to still see auction results - at least for the time being - by logging into your CLink account, hitting the focused auction tab, and then searching for Incredible Hulk 1; at least that just worked for me)...

It sold but no one wants to pay the seller the way he wants to be paid for the book. I had purchased (about a month before he listed it on Comiclink.....threw Ebay) it then was asked to pay in full out side of ebay threw various methods as to not have the seller pay any taxes on his sale. I opted out after talking to him over the phone he was a real shady character. That is when I canceled the deal and ended up buying my Hulk 1 CGC 4.5 instead.

Do not trust this seller if you want this Hulk CGC 6.5....he will try and get you to pay him with zero insurance on your side. It's all about him and what he wants he could care less if you lose all your money. He would most likely never even send you the book in the 1st place.

Edited by Hulk1962

It sold but no one wants to pay the seller the way he wants to be paid for the book. I had purchased it then was asked to pay in full out side of ebay threw various methods as to not have the seller pay any taxes on his sale. I opted out after talking to him over the phone he was a real shady character. That is when I canceled the deal and ended up buying my Hulk 1 CGC 4.5 instead.

Do not trust this seller if you want this Hulk CGC 6.5....he will try and get you to pay him with zero insurance on your side. It's all about him and want he wants he could care less if you lose all your money.

:eek:

Imagine this I have family near where he lives and he would not even allow me to go there and meet him in person at a bank and give him the full amount in cash or have the money wired to his account on the spot. He ONLY wanted to be paid 1st then said you can come pick up the book.....give me a break this is over 40 000$ Canadian with zero insurance on my side at all.

Like I said stay away from this seller at ALL costs!!

Over the phone I made him spill the beans on certain parts of his life and when he told me his brother just got out of prison and he was laughing about that I said to myself this is one HUGE scam. Why would anyone that is almost 40 years old find anything funny at all about a family member being in prison......seriously!!

Hey he may own the book for real but chances are you will never receive it after paying for it!! It is one nice looking CGC 6.5 don't get me wrong but I am much much happier with my purchase of my CGC 4.5 from a reputable dealer and not a bad thing went wrong. Imagine losing 36 000$ U.S I simply just could not live with those odds.

Edited by Hulk1962

If a book is listed on Comiclink they are the ones you are paying, not the seller. The seller is supposed to send the book to comiclink. If the book and the funds arrive then the book is shipped to the buyer, comiclink takes their commission and pays the seller.

That is how consignment works.

Maybe the seller made a arrangement with ComicLink (tax related or something) that he simply did not keep his end of the bargain of. Like I said this guy is very very shady!!

Maybe he just wants people to think he is the real deal by having a image up on ComicLink (he would have sent them) hoping some one would buy it on ebay since it is there also then take the buyers money and run.

If this seller was legit this book would already have a new home if not mine someone else' s.

Edited by Hulk1962