• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

A sweet 5.0 for sure!

Thanks guys.

This is a 7.0-ish looking book that is super flat and appears to have been hardly read, if at all, but likely not handled properly as evidenced by a small missing triangle on the bottom corner back cover and a one-and-a-half-inch long vertical tear, also on the back cover. The white pages sealed the deal for me.

Happy to be a co-member of Club JIM83!

A sweet 5.0 for sure!

Thanks guys.

This is a 7.0-ish looking book that is super flat and appears to have been hardly read, if at all, but likely not handled properly as evidenced by a small missing triangle on the bottom corner back cover and a one-and-a-half-inch long vertical tear, also on the back cover. The white pages sealed the deal for me.

Nothing like a key that presents great and is sitting in a 5.0/5.5/6.0... Those are the best kind :cloud9:

A sweet 5.0 for sure!

Thanks guys.

Nothing like a key that presents great and is sitting in a 5.0/5.5/6.0... Those are the best kind :cloud9:

My favorites indeed. :applause:

There's a 9.4 W in the next Comic Connect auction, I wonder what that'll go for ?

The last 9.4 sold for $220k-odd...

Currently at $147K, ending tonight. I'm guessing it will end at $175K?

A sweet 5.0 for sure!

Thanks guys.

it is a sweet copy for sure (thumbs u

A sweet 5.0 for sure!

Thanks guys.

A Cane shouldn't ever thank a Gator, but a tip of my hat and "thanks" to G.A.tor for getting me into Club JIM83. :golfclap:

A sweet 5.0 for sure!

Thanks guys.

A Cane shouldn't ever thank a Gator, but a tip of my hat and "thanks" to G.A.tor for getting me into Club JIM83. :golfclap:

:cloud9:

A sweet 5.0 for sure!

Thanks guys.

Yep. Even though I've owned a raw 4.5 copy since 1998, I've been wanting to get an upgrade for quite some time. Just last year, G.A.tor helped me to acquire the best possible JIM#83 that I could afford (CGC blue 6.5 OW on page 17 of this thread). Ever since then ....... :cloud9::cloud9:

A sweet 5.0 for sure!

Thanks guys.

Yep. Even though I've owned a raw 4.5 copy since 1998, I've been wanting to get an upgrade for quite some time. Just last year, G.A.tor helped me to acquire the best possible JIM#83 that I could afford (CGC blue 6.5 OW on page 17 of this thread). Ever since then ....... :cloud9::cloud9:

I almost forgot ...so many books, so little memory lol

A sweet 5.0 for sure!

Thanks guys.

I almost forgot ...so many books, so little memory lol

GAtors a dream weaver. :applause:

New addition I got a few weeks back with Stan the Man's sig :)

Beautiful! As nice a book as you will find in that grade -- otherwise looks like a 7.0. Bravo.

Yes, gorgeous copy. I was scrolling down the pic thinking "How is this a 1.0?" and then I saw the bottom. Personally, I like to take these gorgeous but flawed copies and have them restored. They can usually get a really high grade when they're finished.