• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

Picked this up a couple of months ago. I kept forgetting to post it in this thread. I've been wanting to join for a while now.

jim83.jpg

Whoa! if that was my book, I would forget also, as I would be too busy drooling over it.

Awesome book :applause:

Picked this up a couple of months ago. I kept forgetting to post it in this thread. I've been wanting to join for a while now.

jim83.jpg

Whoa! if that was my book, I would forget also, as I would be too busy drooling over it.

:o I am at a loss for words.

This thread needs a :bump:

I'm finally in the club! :cloud9:

It was in my price range and it's got the right eye appeal I'm looking for so I went for it. It does have a crack in the slab, but the book is ok. It's complete, no resto, no tape, no missing chunks, no writing, etc... none of my pet peeves.

For a CGC 1.8, I think it looks great.

JourneyintoMystery83CGC18smaller_zps00f4e52b.jpg

Nothing wrong with that book. Congrats!

Awesome. :applause:

That book, in any grade is never cheap and gets props. :banana:

-J.

My copy is going to test that theory.

jim83.jpg

:o I am at a loss for words.

+1. That's a beast of a copy. Maloney, your 1.8 is beautiful. That's one of my comic goals this year. A nice presenting low grade JIM. Congrats.

This thread needs a :bump:

I'm finally in the club! :cloud9:

It was in my price range and it's got the right eye appeal I'm looking for so I went for it. It does have a crack in the slab, but the book is ok. It's complete, no resto, no tape, no missing chunks, no writing, etc... none of my pet peeves.

For a CGC 1.8, I think it looks great.

JourneyintoMystery83CGC18smaller_zps00f4e52b.jpg

Nothing wrong with that book. Congrats!

Awesome. :applause:

That book, in any grade is never cheap and gets props. :banana:

-J.

My copy is going to test that theory.

That may be the best looking cover to a 1.8 ive seen in a very long time (worship)

I sold this copy years ago when I upgraded to a 6.5. More than one year ago, I sold my 6.5 and regretted it since. So when this copy came available, I grabbed it. It is not as nice as my 6.5 but it presents well for the grade.

JIM83_zps704a7f21.jpg

That's a nice looking 4.5! I'm guessing that there is some interior staining that could have dropped the grade down? Looks like a VF copy to me

Thanks everyone. The two main problems with the book are some staining on the bottom left corner and if you look closely by Thor's thigh, there are ring marks from a cup.

That's a nice looking 4.5! I'm guessing that there is some interior staining that could have dropped the grade down? Looks like a VF copy to me

Thanks everyone. The two main problems with the book are some staining on the bottom left corner and if you look closely by Thor's thigh, there are ring marks from a cup.

Kind of makes you wish you could go back in time and smack the schmuck upside the back of his head before he decides to use the first appearance of Thor as a coaster. :facepalm:

-J.

I say thee NAY! Mayhaps it was a tankard of ale.

Great copy!