• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

I have one question about all of this. Even if the book is the same as the other. Is it not possible that it could be a 9.2 or even a 9.0 or an 8.0 for that matter. After all grading is very subjective (shrug) . One mans 9.2 maybe another mans 8.5. What I really would like to see is the CGC graders notes on this book to see what the pregrader and the final graders gave it. After all we are talking about less than 1 point in the grades

Just a $500 difference, that's all

even with a $500.00 difference Is it not possible that who ever bought or buys the book may believe it to be higher OR lower than the CGC grade of 8.5? I mean come on how many of us have bought a PGX book cracked it out and submitted it to CGC and a different grade higher or lower comes back. Just using that to make a point that grading is very subjuctive and if you asked 20 different people to look at the book in hand I would say you would get a range of 8.0-9.2. I understand that there is a big difference in price. However, if the buyer or potenial buyer agrees with the grade the Dr gave it and is completely happy . Is there anything wrong with that?

Its a totally different situation if he sells it as a 9.2 and the buyer is unhappy and wants to return the book. As long as the Dr. refunds the money or adjusts the price accordingly then that would be ok as well IMHO

You're missing the point by about a mile.

Muscleshark bought a pressed, slabbed 8.5 book - he cracks it, offers up it for sale as 9.2 raw, and doesn't disclose the fact that it was pressed (which I personally don't care about) and that it was previously graded as a 8.5 (which I do care about).

If you don't see the blatant dishonesty in that, you shouldn't be selling here on the boards either.

I'm enjoying the love fest so far....wish I was home...

But, of course, it needs to be pointed out yet again:

1. CGC's grade is just an opinion (by their admission.)

2. It is ok to disagree with CGC.

3. Even CGC doesn't always agree with their previous opinions.

4. It is also ok to not advertise what someone else (regardless of who that someone else is) thought the condition of the book was. After all...it's just an opinion (which, to the brainier among us, brings up all SORTS of corollaries that bear thinking about.)

(thumbs u

As far as Frankie...is anyone who really pays attention around here surprised...? ;)

Buying an 8.5 Avengers #57 from a seller on these boards: $150

Same book for sale: $495

Getting caught with your pants around your ankles and having the teutonic nerve to lie about it: priceless.

For everyday purchases, there's your VISA/Mastercard.

For extra special intrigue, drama, and sex scandals, there's Comics General.

:cloud9:

like i said..post a picture of the 8.5 still slabbed,and sealed with today's date on a paper next to it...

:popcorn:

krypto....

I would post the book here if I still had it. I recenly sold the book at Wonder Con . Having said this I admit the books look almost identical, however even though they are very similiar, they are not the same book . Apparently I can not clear my name here because I don't have any evidence to refute your claims that I am guilty, however a person is not guilty because they can not prove their innocense . I will be pursuing a legal opinion regarding your defamatory statements here. I will not be subject to defend every ridiculous claim made here.

Thanks to anyone keeping an open mind regarding this as this isn't the "end of the world", but it does suck considering I have done zero wrong here.

Is your name Joe Isuzu....?

hm

zt849c.jpg

:baiting:

lollollol

Edit: I just realised the monster has two left hands. Boy, that was some mixed up Dr.

No, he's got a right and a left hand, the hand on the left, if twisted up that way would have the thumb pointing to the outside... like it does.

doh!

I see it now. I know Jack Kirby had a similar problem once . . .

zt849c.jpg

:baiting:

lollollol

Edit: I just realised the monster has two left hands. Boy, that was some mixed up Dr.

No, he's got a right and a left hand, the hand on the left, if twisted up that way would have the thumb pointing to the outside... like it does.

doh!

I see it now. I know Jack Kirby had a similar problem once . . .

(thumbs u Yep, the Torch on an early FF wasn't it?

As far as me selling on these boards. I have never had a complaint from anyone that has bought a book from me.

Trey

meh

Check the kudos thread :sumo:

Wow, you do have a short memory

Trey's cool. He messed up, took his lumps and came back and rebuilt his rep. That's worth a fresh start in my books.

(thumbs u

I'm betting he has the car too. I could be wrong but at this point it's what my gut says.

Morning Roy,

Yes Trey has a $116K car, he keeps it next to his comic shop he runs with his brother.

As for taking his lumps, being found out by boardies, who even visited the comic shop in question where they found the book he was trying to sell as his on the boards, it's easy to say after that he made a mistake.

Trey is a bumbling simpleton but to believe he also has a $116K car is priceless.

While the ethics behind this move are questionable, the motivation is simple to understand: people want money, and some want it badly enough to lie, cheat and steal. Easy to understand.

What I don't get is bringing this deal here. If I was a swindler and had a scam based on people not noticing the fine details of a comic, can you think of a worse site to try and fool people?

(I'm not patting myself on the back, I cannot grade to save my life, but I am amazed on a fairly regular basis by the stuff that gets spotted here).

Edited by Mackenzie999

I trolled the boards for a year before joining. I wanted to buy books from the sales board sooooo bad, but was reluctant, worried about getting ripped off. I watched and read how you guys police each other here and try to make it a safe and honest place to purchase comics. All my buying here has gone off without a hitch. I guess the point of this message is to say thanks krypto for bringing this info to us.

I love is place :cloud9:

While the ethics behind this move are questionable, the motivation is simple to understand: people want money, and some want it badly enough to lie, cheat and steal. Easy to understand.

What I don't get is bringing this deal here. If I was a swindler and had a scam based on people not noticing the fine details of a comic, can you think of a worse site to try and fool people?

(I'm not patting myself on the back, I cannot grade to save my life, but I am amazed on a fairly regular basis by the stuff that gets spotted here).

My thoughts exactly, some guys on here would put the top detectives at New scotland yard and the FBI to shame.

My thoughts exactly, some guys on here would put the top detectives at New scotland yard and the FBI to shame.

Frankenstein thinks different. His brain is Abby Normal.

I think that's where about half of them work lol

Wait, wait, wait. Man I'm all confused. Let me sort this out.

flaming_telepath's mother-in-law is in the south Florida posse????

WTF??? How could I not know this spoon?

you must attend the meetings or at least read the newsletter :makepoint:

As far as me selling on these boards. I have never had a complaint from anyone that has bought a book from me.

Trey

meh

Check the kudos thread :sumo:

Wow, you do have a short memory

Trey's cool. He messed up, took his lumps and came back and rebuilt his rep. That's worth a fresh start in my books.

(thumbs u

I'm betting he has the car too. I could be wrong but at this point it's what my gut says.

Morning Roy,

Tequila, let's keep this on track. PM me if you want to talk.

I'll just say that for now I disagree.

(shrug)

you must attend the meetings or at least read the newsletter :makepoint:

She did drive up for our Holiday get-together Tupe. :gossip:

cfp-dinner2.jpg