• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

Well, however you slice it Krypto...you left $650.00 on the table for me even at $800.00 right ? I appreciate it, your money is green with me...thank you :acclaim: Are you currently selling anything else right now? :foryou:

Jeez, you are so annoying!!! How do you maintain such a pristine level of doucheness?

since frank is on a self exile, he did ask me to pass on that he can grade pretty good afterall... the book was sent in for grading, and this is the result...

Why would you even pass on information relayed to you be such an obvious person_too_unaware_of_social_graces? Frankly, I'm disappointed in you, Rick, for dredging this muck back up to the surface. Apparently, poor taste needed a spokesperson.

because he politely asked me to, however, don't confuse a messenger with a spokesperson... I found it interesting that the book actually graded 9.2 (speculating on how, but that is a different story) (thumbs u

So I guess the next question would be.How does CGC grade a book an 8.5 then regraded it a 9.2? I mean really that's one heck of a difference. (shrug)

The difference is a "cleaned" back cover that the 8.5 graders notes mentioned as "rub transfer" from another book...thats what down graded the book originally.

Part of the main beef of the whole beginning of the thread,he DRY CLEANED the back and didn't disclose it was my original PRESSED 8.5 now "cleaned",being offered as a "raw" 9.2.

I don't think that was the issue at all. I have zero problem with the fact that the book was cleaned up and pressed. I don't think anyone else does. Disclosure or lack thereof is a choice.

The problem was that he out and out lied about it being a different book. Hopefully he learned the lesson from that.

And obviously the book was a raw 9.2 when he offered it.

Well, however you slice it Krypto...you left $650.00 on the table for me even at $800.00 right ? I appreciate it, your money is green with me...thank you :acclaim: Are you currently selling anything else right now? :foryou:

I went to bed last night,and had to sleep on all this,so here's what i have to say:

1)As for the $ i might have left on the table: I did what i wanted to do with the book.I had it Pressed and Slabbed and sold it as a CGC 8.5 disclosed as Pressed,and in FULL GOOD FAITH here on the boards,as i always hopefully do.

2)Your math skills are poor.You will probably be lucky to get $700 with other 9.2's at $750 OBO on the market and not selling.And 9.4 GPA at $800 as well.You paid for slabbing,shipping,ect...so you're more like $250 into the book...so that leaves $450 minus selling fee's... so probably $400 or so you can make.Awsome for you.

I hope $400 was worth losing the respect of just about every single person on these boards.

3)Your story is still total wildly_fanciful_statement.

Somehow you "posted the wrong scan" here,when my book you say had actually been sold at a Convention as a 9.0.You sell the book you say you had to someone that contacted you,then realize oops,thats a scan of Krypto's old book.So you contact the person that you sold the wrong book to,and now all of a sudden they bought a 9.2 CGC,so they send you the book back,that was the wrong book,yet now it's the same book as the scan again.I thought some Convention guy bought it as a 9.0? YOU are so FULL OF mess all the way around.

It all just proves that you were trying to "pull a fast one" here on the boards,regardless of what the book is now graded as.

4)Yes,i have plenty of books to sell.NOT TO YOU THO! In fact i'm going to be listing several later today all below Gpa prices,just to pass on an HONEST DEAL to fellow boardies.

Edited by kryptospidey

[

But how did that book get graded at a 9.2 when he sold it at a con or ebay?

My first thought when I saw the book posted in the 9.2 slab.

since frank is on a self exile, he did ask me to pass on that he can grade pretty good afterall... the book was sent in for grading, and this is the result...

Why would you even pass on information relayed to you be such an obvious person_too_unaware_of_social_graces? Frankly, I'm disappointed in you, Rick, for dredging this muck back up to the surface. Apparently, poor taste needed a spokesperson.

because he politely asked me to, however, don't confuse a messenger with a spokesperson... I found it interesting that the book actually graded 9.2 (speculating on how, but that is a different story) (thumbs u

How is that interesting considering he had the back cover cleaned?

It's a slap to the face watching you post stuff on Frank's behalf - by acting as his messenger you're lending him an air of respectability that he does not deserve.

Holy burning bridges Batman! :o

What a sad story...or pathetic would be a better term. I visualize someone squirming in quicksand trying to dig out of the hole he dug himself in while only managing to sink deeper and deeper into the doo-doo while screaming profanities and insults at the local fauna. lol

You should have politely said, "No." I'll give you some lessons in Charlotte. Besides, he can speak for himself, obviously. He's only using you due to your level of respect.

How does it feel to be Frank's Mini Me?

Jeez, you are so annoying!!! How do you maintain such a pristine level of doucheness?

Hes just a . pure and simple.

It's a slap to the face watching you post stuff on Frank's behalf - by acting as his messenger you're lending him an air of respectability that he does not deserve.

I found it interesting because so many folks had problems with the grading of the raw book at higher than it was cracked out of the cgc case... whether it is frank, or you, or doc, or whomever, I would still "be the messenger" if asked, because it intrigued me..I am not making any comments on behavior displayed, etc... if you feel differently, then I totally respect your right to feel that...

I don't think anything I do or say will change anyone's opinion of Frank on these boards, and I am not trying too... would you agree?...so my posting doesn't lend or detract from the bed he made for himself here on the boards (thumbs u

You should have politely said, "No." I'll give you some lessons in Charlotte. Besides, he can speak for himself, obviously. He's only using you due to your level of respect.

I see your point...what's done is done... on a side note, I would rather be your "mini me", but if not, I can stand on my own ;)

I see your point...what's done is done... on a side note, I would rather be your "mini me", but if not, I can stand on my own ;)

We'll do pizza on Thursday. :foryou:

We'll do pizza on Thursday. :foryou:

Pizza :cloud9:

I found it interesting because so many folks had problems with the grading of the raw book at higher than it was cracked out of the cgc case... whether it is frank, or you, or doc, or whomever, I would still "be the messenger" if asked, because it intrigued me..I am not making any comments on behavior displayed, etc... if you feel differently, then I totally respect your right to feel that...

I don't think anything I do or say will change anyone's opinion of Frank on these boards, and I am not trying too... would you agree?...so my posting doesn't lend or detract from the bed he made for himself here on the boards (thumbs u

There are many folks who like to shoot messengers around here. They like to try to keep these boards free of unclean thought.

I found it interesting because so many folks had problems with the grading of the raw book at higher than it was cracked out of the cgc case... whether it is frank, or you, or doc, or whomever, I would still "be the messenger" if asked, because it intrigued me..I am not making any comments on behavior displayed, etc...

What people had problems with was the fact that the book was cracked out of a CGC 8.5 slab, manipulated and then re-sold at a higher grade without disclosing the manipulation nor the fact that it had previously been slabbed as an 8.5.

What caused further problems was the lying about this - the spinning of tales saying it wasn't the same book, the book had been re-sold, etc, etc.

And even more problems? The threats and references to sexual acts with peoples' mothers.

Like Watson says, Frank is more than capable of speaking for himself (which he proved with his gloating post a couple of pages back), so I honestly don't understand why you don't feel like you're being used here :shrug:

There are many folks who like to shoot messengers around here. They like to try to keep these boards free of unclean thought.

you have to admit, it has stirred the pot a bit... maybe I can be the new "pot stirrer" of the boards lol

and, one thing I know is that friends only say things to friends because they care , so for that, i am grateful :foryou:

I found it interesting because so many folks had problems with the grading of the raw book at higher than it was cracked out of the cgc case... whether it is frank, or you, or doc, or whomever, I would still "be the messenger" if asked, because it intrigued me..I am not making any comments on behavior displayed, etc...

What people had problems with was the fact that the book was cracked out of a CGC 8.5 slab, manipulated and then re-sold at a higher grade without disclosing the manipulation nor the fact that it had previously been slabbed as an 8.5.

What caused further problems was the lying about this - the spinning of tales saying it wasn't the same book, the book had been re-sold, etc, etc.

And even more problems? The threats and references to sexual acts with peoples' mothers.

Like Watson says, Frank is more than capable of speaking for himself (which he proved with his gloating post a couple of pages back), so I honestly don't understand why you don't feel like you're being used here :shrug:

well, if I was used, nothing I can do about it now (thumbs u