• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

OK well i really have to go to work right now so ill say some further stuff that happened real quick.

The new buyer sent me a PM saying he bought the book on the 18th and he was unaware of what was going on and he's sorry, Now i want to believe him and im trying but, the book appeared in his sig line up yesterday and thats 1 day after i was told theres something wrong with the book hmmmmm. Then i am told he paid $1500 for the book when i was paying $1600. So it appears either everyone thinks im very stupid or the seller just doesnt like money.I just checked all my PM's with the seller and talked with him originally on the i think 7th or 8th, and had the first payment on the 11th and within less than a week from that had the remainder of the balance.

There is absolutly no way I did anything wrong and I will be 10000% shocked if the seller can accuse me of anything exept being extremly exited about anything that has happened between us.

I will be home at 5 today i wish i could see whats gonna happen now but i cant, I will say who he is when i get back thanks

more food for thought...and a new twist...wow

It doesn't seem so unreasonable that he'd put up a pic of his new comic ten days after "buying" it. If the deal was agreed upon on the 18th, maybe loot was sent on the 19th, comic shipped on the 20th or 21st, it's easy to see the second buyer not getting it until the 27th or 28th, then scanning it and getting it in his sig.

I'm definitely leaning towards condemning the seller, but not at all convinced that the second buyer did anything wrong. I hope not. :wishluck:

why would the seller sell it for less money than he had previously agreed a sale on?

Especially as the original buyer still wanted the book.

Doesn't add up.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of the seller's buddies/friends PM's him and tells him he missed the boat on the book being offered, so the seller does him a favor and pulls the book from the 1st buyer to sell to his friend. I imagine this kind of stuff happens all the time for the simple reason that down the road, the "buddy/friend" can return the favor by finding a tough book for him, giving him a good deal, splitting a new collection with him, etc.,.

Especially when dealing with scarce, GA books, it's sometimes who you know and how much money you ultimately can spend in total (over years and years of dealing with someone) and not how much $$ you have to spend on one book. That's the harsh reality of life if you're not "connected" in this hobby. :(

Yeah, yeah that was it, yeah. That's the ticket!

OK, let me see if I got this right:

mt1000 makes and offer to Yannis for a 'Tec #37 $1600.

mt1000 sends a down payment via Paypal and even tries to meet with Yannis to pay off the remainder.

Yannis drags his feet for a couple of weeks, then contacts mt1000 and says the book has more defects than he thought, so he is refunding the down payment which will take several days as he has moved it out of his Paypal account.

In the meantime, Bat Man shows the pic of said 'Tec #37 in his sig line and there is posted evidence that he wanted the book from Yannis' earlier sales thread.

The speculation is that Yannis sold the book to Bat Man for whatever reason instead of mt1000 even though a deal was already struck.

At this point, Yannis seems like he reneged on a done deal.

BOO!!!!!

I'm pretty interested in seeing boardies reactions to who the seller is.

As Dr Banner has mentioned the Buddy/Friend/Long term business mentality might stifle some of that zeal for outright "public" condemnation.

Yep, and as in every business, your best customers get the best service, the best deals, and the best inside information. Likewise, you don't wanna off your crack dealer and run the risk of "No crack for you! Come back one year!"

no-soup-for-you.jpg

I will put this out as well. If Bat-Man knew the book was previously sold then both should be on the probation thread until the book is sold to the original buyer at the original price, assuming everything is like the original poster said.

Bruce

As Dr Banner has mentioned the Buddy/Friend/Long term business mentality might stifle some of that zeal for outright "public" condemnation.

Yep, and as in every business, your best customers get the best service, the best deals, and the best inside information. Likewise, you don't wanna off your crack dealer and run the risk of "No crack for you! Come back one year!"

no-soup-for-you.jpg

lol

Agreed!

Some collectors would crash through a group of preschoolers then step on their own mother's throat just to buy a book off of Hitler with the hope of selling it to Satan for a few extra bucks. :insane:

Shouldn't make a difference IMHO. I get the friend/buddy aspect, but that still wouldn't make it right in my eyes.

Shouldn't make a difference IMHO. I get the friend/buddy aspect, but that still wouldn't make it right in my eyes.

Please see my post above.

Just adding my voice - not a comment on any viewpoint you made. :foryou:

Just adding my voice - not a comment on any viewpoint you made. :foryou:

:whee:

Some collectors would crash through a group of preschoolers then step on their own mother's throat just to buy a book off of Hitler with the hope of selling it to Satan for a few extra bucks. :insane:

Sig worthy right there. :applause: