• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show off your favorite poor condition book!!

156 posts in this topic

In a world where everyone is talking about the highest graded this and the highest graded that and who has a 9.6 or a 9.4, let's not forget about the grade that nobody talks about, PR. This thread is for you to proudly display your poor comics and I dont want to see any fair books sneak in here. I want to see toilet paper condition books only a grandmother could love!!!

Here is my favorite. This beauty has all it's pages and is not brittle so does that make it a PR+? Does that grade even exist? lol

Century001.jpg

I found this in a shed on a farm outside of Fresno.

Batman2.jpg

not too far from me...when was this and any other books in the the shed? :)

Hi Primetime,

Here are a few more from the Fresno farm shed. There were about 10 that were just beat to hell as they were heat warped, water- stained, rusty stapled, and rat chewed. You don't even want to see the back covers. This was about two years ago, and the original owner said he used to have quite a collection, but they were "gone with the wind." He had been on the farm since the 1930s.

Wonderworld8.jpg

TheFunnies.jpg

Action.jpg

Anyone know what number this Action is?

For that Action, look inside for the coupon for the "Supermen of America." Typically in the

upper corner of the coupon will be the month of the issue. Any house ads for other comics

will give you the year.

My two most fragmentary comics are as follows:

Detective 28: - cover, - 5 outer wraps (entire batman story), and - centerfold. Decent paper

though!

New Adventure 27: missing cover, some outer wraps and some center folds. I think I ave

a total of about 6 or 7 wraps.

Sure is work identifying fragments. Having most other issues in the series helps.