• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show off your favorite poor condition book!!

156 posts in this topic

I have posted before and fits with this thread..

Detective # 27,,missing front cover but centerfold and back cover o.k,,

File0054.jpg

(worship)

+1 :o

What do you suppose a book like this would run for nowadays?

I think a coverless with a back cover went for around $9,000 or $10,000 a year or so ago. I guess it all depends on page quality :gossip:

a coverless Action 1 (cr/ow I think) went on CLINK a few years ago for $22k, and maybe would go $25k-$30k today--which would make this cvl Tec 27 not too far behind. (thumbs u Find a cover Paul! :wishluck:

I guess it would have to be this one:

MMC9frontcover.jpg

MMC9splashpage.jpg

Wow!

That is one beautiful MM #9; they look great in any condition.

(worship)

Never saw the splash on this book until now and I have to say that the quality of that to the cover, well, no comparison. Never was a big fan of many Timely covers, but that splash is really, really top-notch! Not too busy, great lettering, and dynamic battle scene that isn't overly complicated. (thumbs u

The genius of Bill Everett :headbang: who was almost certainly responsible for the overall design and the cool lettering.

I have posted before and fits with this thread..

Detective # 27,,missing front cover but centerfold and back cover o.k,,

File0054.jpg

You can never post a book like that too many times; thanks for sharing. (worship)

It's just a really beautiful coverless copy and if there was ever a book to have coverless, this an Action #1 would be it.

Congratulations. :cloud9:

4737915471_db66186f43_b.jpg

Split spine, centerfold missing, wrinkles, creases and a horrible Kamen cover make this book special. Glad to put it in the "B" box with the Batman comics.

Love the tattoo on the girl! :grin:

4737915471_db66186f43_b.jpg

Split spine, centerfold missing, wrinkles, creases and a horrible Kamen cover make this book special. Glad to put it in the "B" box with the Batman comics.

Love the tattoo on the girl! :grin:

I prefer the BZ tattoo or a Suzuki "S".

4738865412_3ab2ff9617_b.jpg

Here's mine:

cdnp22.jpg

It's probably a 1.0 as opposed to a .5, but close enough. BTW, if anyone has a nicer copy the want to turn loose -- like say anything between a 2.0 to a 5.0, please let me know. My timing with this book has been terrible. Every time one comes up in the my grade range I am in a "not buying" mode... doh!

At least I have one, but would LOVE an upgrade (anyone?) :wishluck:

action10front.jpg

:takeit: i recall flipping through this at Harley's booth three years ago at Wondercon :acclaim: I shouldn't have passed. It's complete, isn't it Fish?

Yes, complete ---- about the only thing going for it ......... that and the fact it actually came up for sale. How many Action #10's has anyone seen for sale lately ??

action10front.jpg

:takeit: i recall flipping through this at Harley's booth three years ago at Wondercon :acclaim: I shouldn't have passed. It's complete, isn't it Fish?

Yes, complete ---- about the only thing going for it ......... that and the fact it actually came up for sale. How many Action #10's has anyone seen for sale lately ??

well, there was this one that was discussed in another thread. hm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350370392076&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

action10front.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350370392076&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yeah, I knew someone would mention that -- that was WAY too risky to even consider it an option for me .................. hopefully it works out for the eventual purchaser

action10front.jpg

Yeah, I knew someone would mention that -- that was WAY too risky to even consider it an option for me .................. hopefully it works out for the eventual purchaser

it was nice just to see one available for sale though, you are right in that you hardly ever see it come up. like you say, at least you have a copy fish. (thumbs u

action10front.jpg

it was nice just to see one available for sale though, you are right in that you hardly ever see it come up. like you say, at least you have a copy fish. (thumbs u

. (thumbs u

yep, if I am going to pay $10K for an action 10 that is restored, I want to know "what resto" it has (like alton's or mine (thumbs u )

yep, if I am going to pay $10K for an action 10 that is restored, I want to know "what resto" it has (like alton's or mine (thumbs u )

Please stop. I'm getting flashbacks of that desk belonging to Bob Beerbohm. :sick:

98161.jpg

So yours is restored , Rick ? Have you posted in another thread, would love to see it!

yep, I have a cgc 7.5 MP (this picture is of it in a fortress, before sending to cgc)

action10fc-1.jpg