• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Berk books:

27 6.5 A-1 313K -> DOUBLE WOW !

28 7.0 7.9K ( should have gone higher imo)

33 6.0 A-3 16K ( just about right )

and I won the 29 :grin:

det1.14375a.jpg

Congrats!

And what was the level of restoration on that Tec 28 7.0?

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

12 bucks. Went unnoticed.

I was underbidder at $11! Should have went stronger for it but I already have one.

Very nice addition to the Gotham collection. Congrats on the Tec 29!

Edited by lhcomics

19 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

12 bucks. Went unnoticed.

I was underbidder at $11! Should have went stronger for it but I already have one.

Very nice addition to the Gotham collection. Congrats on the Tec 29!

Thanks Leroy !

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:47 AM, TeddieMercede said:
  On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:47 AM, TeddieMercede said:

What's this need to be priced to sell ?  I think the seller paid 22k ish about a year or year and a half ago ??

Edited 13 hours ago by Chicago Boy

Edited by Chicago Boy

Just a head's up to whoever bought the Detective 35 Jerry Robinson copy off of eBay earlier today for $7500.  It was sold using the same title/scans/description as when Sparkle City sold it several years ago (you can copy/paste the title of the listing into Google, and it will bring up the prior sale).  The guy's feedback looks somewhat legit, but it definitely fits the typical model that these scammers have been pulling on eBay (lifted pics/description, non-comic seller, underpriced but not 'so' underpriced that it raises suspicion).  So if anyone here bought it, I'd just be cautious and stay on the case if the seller has any delays in shipping or anything fishy goes on.

Anybody else surprised that this copy of 'Tec 31 is hitting the marketplace again so soon:  :whatthe:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=727871

Especially since this copy here was considered to be an outlier of a sale when it was auctioned off on CC just last summer.

Methinks the consignor will be losing some coin on this book here as I do not believe the 'Tec 31 entry level market has moved this high in just one year.  (shrug)

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Anybody else surprised that this copy of 'Tec 31 is hitting the marketplace again so soon:  :whatthe:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=727871

Especially since this copy here was considered to be an outlier of a sale when it was auctioned off on CC just last summer.

Methinks the consignor will be losing some coin on this book here as I do not believe the 'Tec 31 entry level market has moved this high in just one year.  (shrug)

How much did it sell for originally?

21 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Pretty sure it will hit close to that number or surpass it this 2nd go around.

What makes you say this?  ???

For example, in a follow-up CC auction only a few months later, an equivalently CGC 1.0 graded copy of 'Tec 31 sold for something like $17K lower:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=667399&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

And in only a few short months after that, a CGC 2.0 graded copy (with Brittle pages) sold for even lower than the CGC 1.0 graded copy:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=691089&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

:whatthe:

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Pretty sure it will hit close to that number or surpass it this 2nd go around.

A 1.0 ( although with some tape iirc) sold for 30K on ebay not too long ago. Can anyone check if it was reported to GPA ? Not sure CC copy will surpass its previous result.

Edit: ebay 1.0 same copy referenced by Dean

The 2.0 brittle is up on Bob Storms' site with a 39K price tag.

Edited by Gotham Kid