• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hi sacentaur: you mention that CLink prices were strong in other areas. Any books you could cite as examples? I was following some of the Planets and Foxes, and those prices were above guide but certainly not crazy.

I deleted my list already, there was a Centaur, a Baker, two Marvel Mystery books (despite being Voldy), etc.

Just now, sacentaur said:

I deleted my list already, there was a Centaur, a Baker, two Marvel Mystery books (despite being Voldy), etc.

I did see that the Wonder Woman books went for a healthy amount, especially #6 and #7. No doubt the "movie" effect.

3 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

I did see that the Wonder Woman books went for a healthy amount, especially #6 and #7. No doubt the "movie" effect.

It seems like everything I'm interested in goes for crazy prices! :p

24 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

I personally believe in 5-8 years these prices might look extremely cheap

(sorta like Pre-Robin Tec prices from 2010 , probably seemed crazy then, seem cheap now)

fill disclosure , I am talking my book! ?

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:
2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hi sacentaur: you mention that CLink prices were strong in other areas. Any books you could cite as examples? I was following some of the Planets and Foxes, and those prices were above guide but certainly not crazy.

Here are some random examples.  None of these are key books or pedigree copies:

Zip 35 8.0 - 4x Guide

Blue Beetle 11 8.0 - 4x Guide

New Adventure 25 4.0 - 8x Guide

Scoop Comics 2 3.0 - 7x Guide

4 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

That WW 7 cbcs 7.5 was one of the books that I thought went for a "SONG"!!!

these issues have been selling at $1k per point very consistently.  $5.7k for a 7.5 is def not a healthy amount in my book.  I was upset that I didn't have the cash to buy this one. 

14 minutes ago, Doc67 said:

That WW 7 cbcs 7.5 was one of the books that I thought went for a "SONG"!!!

these issues have been selling at $1k per point very consistently.  $5.7k for a 7.5 is def not a healthy amount in my book.  I was upset that I didn't have the cash to buy this one. 

If we are referring to the same book, I believe it went for a bit over $8k.

8 hours ago, jabats said:

If we are referring to the same book, I believe it went for a bit over $8k.

You are correct.  I was looking at my bid.  ?

Although i still think $8k is low for a 7.5 white PQ book selling for $1k per point.  Should have gone for over $10k.  

I was told it was the Voldemort holder that kept it from over $10k.  Someone told me that $8k was actually a good price for that book in a Voldemort.

That sale has motivated me to consider deslabbing my Voldemorts and having them CGC'ed.  If I think they would "cross over" well.  And that WW7 book looked like it would.

41 minutes ago, Doc67 said:

You are correct.  I was looking at my bid.  ?

Although i still think $8k is low for a 7.5 white PQ book selling for $1k per point.  Should have gone for over $10k.  

I was told it was the Voldemort holder that kept it from over $10k.  Someone told me that $8k was actually a good price for that book in a Voldemort.

That sale has motivated me to consider deslabbing my Voldemorts and having them CGC'ed.  If I think they would "cross over" well.  And that WW7 book looked like it would.

I'm with ya. 

I've personally stopped worrying about "which holder" ... but I don't think the market is quite there yet.

But Seems to be less of an issue than it was a year ago, maybe?

12 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Zip 35 8.0 - 4x Guide

You might be right about the ComicLink prices, but IMO the guide stopped being relevant on books like these some time ago.

28 minutes ago, Point Five said:

You might be right about the ComicLink prices, but IMO the guide stopped being relevant on books like these some time ago.

+1.

For many of those scarce GA books, especially books with great covers, the Overstreet Guide is no longer a benchmark. Of course those examples went for multiples of the Guide, but I guess the point I was trying to make is that compared to recent prices, there were relative values to be had at the CLink auction. 

Probably one of  (if not the most) important pages ever printed in a Batman comic, but I was still surprised to see what's basically a portion of a page go for this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-GOLDEN-AGE-DETECTIVE-COMICS-33-SPLASH-PAGE-BATMAN-/252964205753?hash=item3ae5d774b9%3Ag%3AMUEAAOSwH09ZLITI&nma=true&si=iFZRySQ5y%2FIXXG0HfR%2Fz791DLhQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

-J.

On 6/4/2017 at 5:59 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Zip 35 8.0 - 4x Guide

How about Ghostly Weird 122 - way too many x guide.

A copy of this book shows up every month on eBay (literally) - there is nothing remotely rare about the book.  At the time of the auction there were multiple comparable copies on eBay for a fraction of the price.  Was a very strange sale...

4 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Probably one of  (if not the most) important pages ever printed in a Batman comic, but I was still surprised to see what's basically a portion of a page go for this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-GOLDEN-AGE-DETECTIVE-COMICS-33-SPLASH-PAGE-BATMAN-/252964205753?hash=item3ae5d774b9%3Ag%3AMUEAAOSwH09ZLITI&nma=true&si=iFZRySQ5y%2FIXXG0HfR%2Fz791DLhQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

-J.

Wonder if it would've gone for more if it wasn't trimmed too. Not sure how much of a bearing that has on a page. I agree though, very important page. 

4 hours ago, BoomCity said:

Wonder if it would've gone for more if it wasn't trimmed too. Not sure how much of a bearing that has on a page. I agree though, very important page. 

The trimming kept me from bidding on it.  And I would have bid more than what it sold for....

On 6/4/2017 at 5:01 PM, Zolnerowich said:

They actually both went below what's I've been selling copies for , for the past few years. No real movie effect imo?

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:
On 6/4/2017 at 6:01 PM, Zolnerowich said:

They actually both went below what's I've been selling copies for , for the past few years. No real movie effect imo?

Buy on the release announcement, sell on the release? hm