• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2022 at 7:58 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Restored copies are the new unrestored copies lol  For those thinking this can be unrestored, I highly doubt it.  Would put a lot of work into it especially with the tape on the spine that is covering up the amateur color touch and then scraping off chunks of color touch which will result in who knows how much paper loss. The grade will suffer big time.  Can the tape be removed safely without chemicals?  

On 4/9/2022 at 10:58 AM, Gotham Kid said:

I know I don't get it. The auction round just began so it will be over soon. I would think a Blue label 2.5 would be lucky to break 20 or 25 tops. I was surprised when this one reached 10,000. Now it looks to break 20. Yikes.

Edit: Nobody else bid. 19,200.

Edited by Professor K

On 4/10/2022 at 5:33 AM, Professor K said:

I know I don't get it. The auction round just began so it will be over soon. I would think a Blue label 2.5 would be lucky to break 20 or 25 tops. I was surprised when this one reached 10,000. Now it looks to break 20. Yikes.

I was out at $7000

I also went in (I thought) aggressively at $8500 for the WFC #3 CGC 4.5 - nope, blown away.

Definate upgrade shot, but $13,200 - wow.

Just about to break $25,000,000 in sales.

What an auction!

On 4/9/2022 at 12:33 PM, Professor K said:

Detective 36 is an underappreciated book.  Early Batman cover and Batman deliberately kills a roomful of drug smugglers.  Also the first appearance of Batman's first ever "arch-nemesis" (Hugo Strange), at least if you define that as a recurring villain.  And the second in DC overall, after Superman's "Ultra Humanite"    

On 4/12/2022 at 11:54 AM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

Detective 36 is an underappreciated book.  Early Batman cover and Batman deliberately kills a roomful of drug smugglers.  Also the first appearance of Batman's first ever "arch-nemesis" (Hugo Strange), at least if you define that as a recurring villain.  And the second in DC overall, after Superman's "Ultra Humanite"    

Superman's "what?????".........at least with Hugo Strange, he plays a much more dark and prominent role, especially when it comes to Gotham:  (thumbsu

On 4/12/2022 at 5:07 PM, lou_fine said:

Superman's "what?????".........at least with Hugo Strange, he plays a much more dark and prominent role, especially when it comes to Gotham:  (thumbsu

Great actor. Everything I've seen him do was excellence. 

On 4/12/2022 at 2:54 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

Oh I know. I was speaking of the price for the restored 2.5. It went very high. I would classify Hugo Strange in the "Super" Villain category or at least a major villain. And the first in Batman history.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:36 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Dr Death ?

Ok, from issue 29. I guess up until sometime in the 1970's they were both just short lived characters. At this point Strange is definitely more well known. So you're right for pointing that out, he wasn't "the first" as I said.