• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2022 at 9:07 AM, quicksilver said:

HA are that bad, are they ?  I’ve never sold anything with them…

yeah, don't know 100%, but I do know CL is straight 10% sellers, but HA 10% sellers plus 18% buyers - that's 28%..........and even if, say, HA waves most of sellers fee, that's still almost 20% in Heritage's pocket ..... unless HA gives even better deal then that on a 300K book (shrug)

Edited by fishbone

On 3/3/2022 at 12:00 PM, fishbone said:

yeah, don't know 100%, but I do know CL is straight 10% sellers, but HA 10% sellers plus 18% buyers - that's 28%..........and even if, say, HA waves most of sellers fee, that's still almost 20% in Heritage's pocket ..... unless HA gives even better deal then that on a 300K book (shrug)

The usual on a book like Tec27 at Heritage is for the consignor to keep all the hammer and split the buyer's premium with Heritage. If that was true for the Tec27 in this case, the Heritage consignor pocketed more than the selling price of the CL copy.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:10 PM, Crowzilla said:

The usual on a book like Tec27 at Heritage is for the consignor to keep all the hammer and split the buyer's premium with Heritage. If that was true for the Tec27 in this case, the Heritage consignor pocketed more than the selling price of the CL copy.

yes, agreed of course - if this is how it works with the biggest books at HA.......I do know from a friend that proposal for sellers fee  waived and give back of 1/4 of the buyers fee for a very big book -- but maybe with tougher negotiating it could get to 1/2. 

Edited by fishbone

On 3/3/2022 at 5:17 PM, fishbone said:

yes, agreed of course - if this is how it works with the biggest books at HA.......I do know from a friend that proposal for sellers fee  waived and give back of 1/4 of the buyers fee for a very big book -- but maybe with tougher negotiating it could get to 1/2. 

Seller's fee waived and 1/4 of BP is still more than the hammer on the CL copy.

On 3/19/2022 at 6:27 AM, Gotham Kid said:

I just asked . . .

D51F4E0C-5C7C-46F6-A29D-56FE002B396D.jpeg

Thanks Clark.

The CBCS 3.0 Tec 29 (brittle) finally sold on ComicConnect, likely yesterday.

Had it on my watch list but since book has sold, it no longer is on my watch list so no way to see what it sold for :facepalm:

On 3/19/2022 at 8:39 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Thanks Clark.

The CBCS 3.0 Tec 29 (brittle) finally sold on ComicConnect, likely yesterday.

Had it on my watch list but since book has sold, it no longer is on my watch list so no way to see what it sold for :facepalm:

Rob Reynolds at 212-260-4147 ext 121 will tell you. You’ll get his voicemail, but he calls back.