• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2022 at 12:29 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 2/17/2022 at 8:17 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

$75k?

more

On 2/17/2022 at 1:26 PM, lhcomics said:

$112,500

That's probably even a tad on the low end nowadays since I remember CC auctioning off a CGC 3.0 graded copy for something like $66K back in 2016 or 2017.  :whatthe:  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/18/2022 at 8:52 AM, lou_fine said:

That's probably even a tad on the low end nowadays since I remember CC auctioning off a CGC 3.0 graded copy for something like $66K back in 2016 or 2017.  :whatthe:  :applause:

Other Tec 29s in higher grade were auctioned off much after. A very nice 5.0 fetched 106k iirc 

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 2/18/2022 at 12:56 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Other Tec 29s in higher grade were auctioned off much after. A 5.0 fetched a little over 100k

Yes, looks like that one there was once again on CC and auctioned off for $107K back in 2019 before the pandemic lit a fire under a fire under the collectibles marketplace.  (thumbsu

On 2/26/2022 at 11:55 AM, RareHighGrade said:

I just noticed that HA has an extremely nice looking Tec #24 (CGC 3.5) that will be in tomorrow's auction.  That issue is one of the rarest issues in the entire run; some folks say the rarest.

lf?set=path%5B2%2F5%2F5%2F8%2F6%2F25586912%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Yup, looks like this books moved up quite a bit from when I was looking at it last night and probably still has a bit more to go before it's done. :popcorn:  

Definitely one of the tougher pre-Bat 'Tec books to track down, but if I remember correct, didn't former long time board member Win in his Windex Scarcity Index come up with 'Tec 9 as being the rarest of these pre-Bat 'Tec books for what it's worth.  Can't remember where 'Tec 24 finished up at, but it appears that the CGC Census Population Report would confirm your opinion that 'Tec 24 is indeed the rarest of the lot with 'Tec 3 being very close behind.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, lou_fine said:

Yup, looks like this books moved up quite a bit from when I was looking at it last night and probably still has a bit more to go before it's done. :popcorn:  

Definitely one of the tougher pre-Bat 'Tec books to track down, but if I remember correct, didn't former long time board member Win in his Windex Scarcity Index come up with 'Tec 9 as being the rarest of these pre-Bat 'Tec books for what it's worth.  Can't remember where 'Tec 24 finished up at, but it appears that the CGC Census Population Report would confirm your opinion that 'Tec 24 is indeed the rarest of the lot with 'Tec 3 being very close behind.  (thumbsu

In my experience, Tec #24 is the rarest. but Tec #3 is the rarest (actually non-existent) in high grade.

On 2/26/2022 at 11:55 AM, RareHighGrade said:

I just noticed that HA has an extremely nice looking Tec #24 (CGC 3.5) that will be in tomorrow's auction.  That issue is one of the rarest issues in the entire run; some folks say the rarest.

On 2/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, looks like the rarity factor must have kicked in here as the book move up not a bit more, but actually quite a lot more at the end as it finished up at $10,200 or at a relatively strong 5X condition value for a non-pedigree copy of this extremely rare book.  :applause:

On 3/3/2022 at 2:10 AM, quicksilver said:

I can’t see anything strong about the Tec # 27 though, selling for $43 K less than the identical HA copy three months ago.

from the perspective of what went into each seller’s pocket at the end of the day, I would propose almost identical