• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Anyone else land any Pre-Robin Tecs lately? (shrug)

Hey you still got your 33? You were selling it right, didnt know if you upgraded?

Yes I do. (thumbs u

I think that even a half-point upgrade would put the book well out of my price-range. :sorry:

I had listed it with an option for "best offers"; but decided to keep it. :cloud9:

Ya probably the best option plus i dont know why you would want to sell yours, the cover where batman is at is perfect with great colors. Plus a friend of mine bought a 1.5 for 7K i think :o so they are up there

I couldn't agree more.

Seeing low-grade copies sell that high makes me feel very fortunate for picking up my copy when I did. :cloud9:

I was actually quite surprised (and told him so myself) when Gator estimated a 3-4k FMV for Tec #33's in 1.0;because like you, I have heard of instances where copies around that range have sold for respectably more.

It's a book on the rise IMO; but I may have just a dash of bias on the subject. lol

I agree with you and i kick myself in the everyday for not buying the 4.0 SP for 5200 on comicconnect a couple months ago

That was such a incredible deal IMO.

Glue on the spine was the only form of resto if memory serves me correctly?

Hey you still got your 33? You were selling it right, didnt know if you upgraded?

Yes I do. (thumbs u

I think that even a half-point upgrade would put the book well out of my price-range. :sorry:

I had listed it with an option for "best offers"; but decided to keep it. :cloud9:

Ya probably the best option plus i dont know why you would want to sell yours, the cover where batman is at is perfect with great colors. Plus a friend of mine bought a 1.5 for 7K i think :o so they are up there

I couldn't agree more.

Seeing low-grade copies sell that high makes me feel very fortunate for picking up my copy when I did. :cloud9:

I was actually quite surprised (and told him so myself) when Gator estimated a 3-4k FMV for Tec #33's in 1.0;because like you, I have heard of instances where copies around that range have sold for respectably more.

It's a book on the rise IMO; but I may have just a dash of bias on the subject. lol

a 1.0 recently traded hands at $3500 (thumbs u

Yes I do. (thumbs u

I couldn't agree more.

a 1.0 recently traded hands at $3500 (thumbs u

Then I would say that the buyer was given a very good deal. (thumbs u

Too bad it couldn't have been me. :sorry:

This thread should never fall to page 3 lol. Anyways this is a book i never in my life thought id own and i couldnt be happier to have this. I know its not complete and obviously id love to have the whole book but i kind of get passed that fact when i open it up and look at how beautiful it is. Debating on to get it restored, but in the meantime ill just let it be and decide

tec29009.jpg

How bad is the rust? does it damage the paper? You might want to consider have the staples cleaned or replaced so further damage to the paper is not done. At the same time you could have the top half of the cover made and leave it un-attached that way its not restored but preserved and will display well. Just something to consider. I hate rusted staples but I don't seem to get many books that don't have some level of rust these days.

Great book and I was surprised at the ending price considering I picked up a coverless for around 1K and didn't get any nibbles on the coverless I had up for sale. This is my favorite pre robin and perhaps my favorite batman cover period. I have owned a bunch of copies however almost all are coverless which is odd.

James G

Yes I do. (thumbs u

I couldn't agree more.

I agree with you and i kick myself in the everyday for not buying the 4.0 SP for 5200 on comicconnect a couple months ago

I think this is the one.

106095.jpg.623519d1aa44ad4ac346170df0ec8e80.jpg

Yes I do. (thumbs u

I couldn't agree more.

I think this is the one.

That would be the one. (thumbs u

Here's a nice book I picked up from Mr. Gator last year :hi:

DCGOLDdetective28biggerscan2.jpg

I never miss out on an opportunity to state that IMO...the 2nd appearence of Batman is more important than the 1st appearence of any DC character outside of Superman.

Tec #28 is truly an underrated issue.

:golfclap:

I think reserve was likely 5k, but I predict 2011 is the year tec 31 prices "explode" (yes, current levels are "low" lol )

5K does seem like a good fair deal for such a nice displaying and ow copy, even missing the bc.

Really? hm:eek: Glad I have a copy :cloud9: but I may now never upgrade :cry:

2011 will be fun to watch. :grin: