• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Since unrestored copies of the 29 are rare I personally would not suggest getting it restored. If the top bothers you, just make a high quality scan of the logo from another copy and put it in place of the missing piece and put the book in a mylar so it stays secure. You'll never know the difference! (worship)

Ya true before i got it i wanted to restore it now that i have it i dont really want to touch it

Since unrestored copies of the 29 are rare I personally would not suggest getting it restored. If the top bothers you, just make a high quality scan of the logo from another copy and put it in place of the missing piece and put the book in a mylar so it stays secure. You'll never know the difference! (worship)

Ya true before i got it i wanted to restore it now that i have it i dont really want to touch it

I say leave it alone and you'll never regret it (thumbs u

yah leave it as is until an upgrade surfaces. (thumbs u Looks like the book would have been about a 3.5/4.0 if the logo was not sliced.

This thread should never fall to page 3 lol. Anyways this is a book i never in my life thought id own and i couldnt be happier to have this. I know its not complete and obviously id love to have the whole book but i kind of get passed that fact when i open it up and look at how beautiful it is. Debating on to get it restored, but in the meantime ill just let it be and decide

tec29009.jpg

I have not been on the boards that much as of late; and I can think of no better post to get me back into the swing of things.

:o(worship):o

:applause:

What an impressive acquisition.

It looks so good the way it is, I personally wouldn't have any overwhelming desire to have it restored. You could take some of the suggestions made above, or simply enjoy the book as it is.

You still get to view and enjoy the (IMO) classic splash-page with the name "The Bat-Man" right along with the complete cover image of Batman fully in-tact.

If ever there was a book to look so good with its logo being clipped, this is it.

Congratulations on such a fantastic pick-up. (thumbs u

This thread should never fall to page 3 lol. Anyways this is a book i never in my life thought id own and i couldnt be happier to have this. I know its not complete and obviously id love to have the whole book but i kind of get passed that fact when i open it up and look at how beautiful it is. Debating on to get it restored, but in the meantime ill just let it be and decide

tec29009.jpg

I have not been on the boards that much as of late; and I can think of no better post to get me back into the swing of things.

:o(worship):o

:applause:

What an impressive acquisition.

It looks so good the way it is, I personally wouldn't have any overwhelming desire to have it restored. You could take some of the suggestions made above, or simply enjoy the book as it is.

You still get to view and enjoy the (IMO) classic splash-page with the name "The Bat-Man" right along with the complete cover image of Batman fully in-tact.

If ever there was a book to look so good with its logo being clipped, this is it.

Congratulations on such a fantastic pick-up. (thumbs u

Well thanks everyone, I also feel i kinda lucked out because if you look at every pre robin tec bat cover everyone has some sort of art in the logo area ( bat ears, rope, wings) exept for 29. All the art is pretty much there under the logo. One of my favs is still 35 but if it were this issue that had the logo torn off i feel it wouldnt be the same because the long ears make it so awesome

Congrats Matt!!!

Really stoked for you to be able to get this....thanks again for doing the 36 deal to make it all happen for both of us...

No problem def worked out for us both glad i could have helped

Anyone else land any Pre-Robin Tecs lately? (shrug)

Hey you still got your 33? You were selling it right, didnt know if you upgraded?

Yes I do. (thumbs u

I think that even a half-point upgrade would put the book well out of my price-range. :sorry:

I had listed it with an option for "best offers"; but decided to keep it. :cloud9:

Hey you still got your 33? You were selling it right, didnt know if you upgraded?

Yes I do. (thumbs u

I think that even a half-point upgrade would put the book well out of my price-range. :sorry:

I had listed it with an option for "best offers"; but decided to keep it. :cloud9:

Ya probably the best option plus i dont know why you would want to sell yours, the cover where batman is at is perfect with great colors. Plus a friend of mine bought a 1.5 for 7K i think :o so they are up there

Yes I do. (thumbs u

Ya probably the best option plus i dont know why you would want to sell yours, the cover where batman is at is perfect with great colors. Plus a friend of mine bought a 1.5 for 7K i think :o so they are up there

I couldn't agree more.

Seeing low-grade copies sell that high makes me feel very fortunate for picking up my copy when I did. :cloud9:

I was actually quite surprised (and told him so myself) when Gator estimated a 3-4k FMV for Tec #33's in 1.0;because like you, I have heard of instances where copies around that range have sold for respectably more.

It's a book on the rise IMO; but I may have just a dash of bias on the subject. lol

Yes I do. (thumbs u

I couldn't agree more.

Seeing low-grade copies sell that high makes me feel very fortunate for picking up my copy when I did. :cloud9:

I was actually quite surprised (and told him so myself) when Gator estimated a 3-4k FMV for Tec #33's in 1.0;because like you, I have heard of instances where copies around that range have sold for respectably more.

It's a book on the rise IMO; but I may have just a dash of bias on the subject. lol

I agree with you and i kick myself in the everyday for not buying the 4.0 SP for 5200 on comicconnect a couple months ago