• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

I dunno.. Tough decision for me.. I love the Tec 29 cover better, but Bat 1 features the 1st app. of Joker and Catwoman.. hm

Agreed the first joker is key, but i think how batman looked in 29 compared to bat 1 is just so cool. He didnt talk much looked skinny with long bat ears and mysterious, but in bat 1 he's smiling and witty... i dont know where im going with this lol what i meant to say is it's cool to see batman where he started out as (looks and very violent compared to fun loving batman)

+ 1 !

Tec 29 for me please ...

if Hugo continued to become a bigger and bigger? yeah because 36 is kinda one of the even # dogs of pre-robin Tecs compared to the 27, (28) 29, 31, 33 and 35. So a first appearance tag would propel it higher compared the its cooler big brothers. but Hugo might literally have to get a spinoff film to really catapult 36 higher someday.

if Hugo continued to become a bigger and bigger? yeah because 36 is kinda one of the even # dogs of pre-robin Tecs compared to the 27, (28) 29, 31, 33 and 35. So a first appearance tag would propel it higher compared the its cooler big brothers. but Hugo might literally have to get a spinoff film to really catapult 36 higher someday.
something tells me hugo won't have much, if any, impact...but I like him in that video game lol

I feel this question is appropriate for the Pre-Robin Tec thread so...

Do you guys feel that the incorporation of Dr. Hugo Strange into the plot of "Arkham City" will have any impact on the demand or value of Tec #36?

For those of you who may not be familiar, I posted a link to the trailer in another thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t-1i3Bqj0U

I've also read rumors regarding Strange being featured in the next Batman film. I imagine that having the character being featured in a film would have a greater impact than the video game; but either or both would still give the character much greater exposure, thus bringing him into the mainstream.

Yes, especially pedigree copies of 36 will shoot through the roof.

something tells me hugo won't have much, if any, impact...but I like him in that video game lol

Hugo may have an influence in the look of ravers at dance clubs, however. :sick:

I think reserve was likely 5k, but I predict 2011 is the year tec 31 prices "explode" (yes, current levels are "low" lol )
20%+ :wishluck:

I don't think a Tec 31 will ever be offered for sale that low again. Definitely now is not the time to sell pre Robins on eBay.

What would be the determining factors for Detective Comics 31 to rapidly increase in value next year?

I think reserve was likely 5k, but I predict 2011 is the year tec 31 prices "explode" (yes, current levels are "low" lol )
20%+ :wishluck:

I don't think a Tec 31 will ever be offered for sale that low again. Definitely now is not the time to sell pre Robins on eBay.

What would be the determining factors for Detective Comics 31 to rapidly increase in value next year?

standard resason, continual demand versus fewer available copies...more demand, less supply, equals higher pricing...

Did you get the chance to play Arkham Asylum Gator?

not yet...should I (shrug)

not yet...should I (shrug)

If you already play Xbox 360 or Playstation 3...definitely.

It's about as close as one could ever get to actually being Batman. The story is very good, the gameplay is fantastic, and the atmosphere will get you totally hooked. It's essentially like getting to walk into a living breathing comic book.

I'd even recommend it to non-gamers as if you're already a serious fan of the comics, that interest alone (hopefully) will be enough to drag you in, encourage you to learn the controls, and then enjoy what is considered in some circles to be a masterpiece of the modern video game industry.

Game-reviews might give you a better idea as to what the game is like...

I have a PS3...might have to get that game for my son and I to play (thumbs u

I have to warn you though that while the game is rated "T" for "Teen", it pushes the limits a bit and could easily have warranted an "M" for "Mature" rating; which I believe is for ages 17 and up.

The link to the review I posted captures some of the tone, but it gets darker at some points. Not "Resident Evil" dark; but pretty dark even for Batman.

I'm actually thinking of getting this game for X-Mas since it dropped down to $20. I was particularly excited to see both Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil were the voice actors for Batman and Joker respectively. Further, Paul Dini is the writer for it so in some ways, it sounds like it's a bit of a Batman the Animated Series reunion! :whee:

Edited by Mac Man

Page two not cool. Bump time.

+1

Anyone land any Pre-Robin Tecs recently? hm

:hi: I'll hold of posting a scan until the book arrives.

Edited by piper

Page two not cool. Bump time.

+1

Anyone land any Pre-Robin Tecs recently? hm

Just got this in yesterday.. A nice upgrade and early X-mas gift to myself :blush:

IMG_1869.jpg

:o

AMAZING. :applause:

Any story behind this one?

I believe he was tempted by the devil for this book and all it cost was a piece of his soul.

Sweet book well worth the price