• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

I used to lean toward #29 but I've changed my thinking...

Tec #31 is the top Batman book after Tec #27 and Batman #1.

Bat 1 beats them all. B & R swinging over Gotham on a canary yellow cover! :golfclap:

Batman #1 > Tec #27 is not that crazy a statement.

Due to rarity and the nature of hero > villain, Tec #27 will always be the top Batman book. But Batman #1 is far more socially relevant -- rumor has it Heath Ledger used the two Joker stories as source material to study from. I'm confident few studied the story of Batman in Tec #27 for much beyond seeing a "cool look" at the birth of the character.

Batman #1 has four times the classic content, features two monumental 1st appearances and much more. FMV will never reflect the aforementioned, but it can be argued that Batman #1 is the superior book.

Bat 1 beats them all. B & R swinging over Gotham on a canary yellow cover! :golfclap:

Due to rarity and the nature of hero > villain, Tec #27 will always be the top Batman book. But Batman #1 is far more socially relevant -- rumor has it Heath Ledger used the two Joker stories as source material to study from. I'm confident few studied the story of Batman in Tec #27 for much beyond seeing a "cool look" at the birth of the character.

Batman #1 has four times the classic content, features two monumental 1st appearances and much more. FMV will never reflect the aforementioned, but it can be argued that Batman #1 is the superior book.

A page from Bat 1 that keeps me high as a kite... lol

Note the maniacal smirk on the J's face.

137657.jpg.fea1fe38be8da7a9e60e1abf9006c54c.jpg

Edited by peewee22

Classic splash. Perhaps my favorite of all-time. :headbang:

You own a copy?

137657.jpg

Love that Splash!

137657.jpg

Love that Splash!

:) me too

52907323-6DD4-4FBB-A414-C53D12E61142-302-00000053D28614FA_zpsb028bc55.jpg

Thanks Jon and Ankur, I cracked it out of the holder first thing this morning. A book like this needs to be thumbed up at least for a while ;)

Totally. (thumbs u So cool to see those early Batman stories in context, and I love the mix of other random early DC features (some by Siegel & Shuster, etc).

It's wild to think as you read a 1939 Detective Comics that no one back then had any idea of "The Bat-Man's" potential. The character could have easily been dropped after six months or a year for some other random feature, and forgotten by history. Instead he's an iconic pop culture character today in 2013, known the world over.