• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Right now (and usually) 31 seems to be the least available. For awhile 33 seemed readily available. I've seen a bunch of 35's and 29's this year.

-J.

In all the years I been collecting Det. the hardest issue to find is #33. I've seen all the other issues several times over but #33 still rarely shows up. I really believe this is one of the most popular scarcest comics around. Scarce because of several reasons. Old Batman comic. Batman origin issue. Pre-Robin. Batman with gun on cover. And the most important... Not many copies around or available. You just don't see it at every comic con like you see all the other issues.

This book has always been hard to find and always sells for crazy high prices.

I have my copy CGC graded 1.5 . Nice looking book but page edges are brittle and browning. Still the book could sell in the thousands. It's one of my favorite Detective comics.

Right now (and usually) 31 seems to be the least available. For awhile 33 seemed readily available. I've seen a bunch of 35's and 29's this year.

-J.

In all the years I been collecting Det. the hardest issue to find is #33. I've seen all the other issues several times over but #33 still rarely shows up. I really believe this is one of the most popular scarcest comics around. Scarce because of several reasons. Old Batman comic. Batman origin issue. Pre-Robin. Batman with gun on cover. And the most important... Not many copies around or available. You just don't see it at every comic con like you see all the other issues.

This book has always been hard to find and always sells for crazy high prices.

I have my copy CGC graded 1.5 . Nice looking book but page edges are brittle and browning. Still the book could sell in the thousands. It's one of my favorite Detective comics.

Tec33 is a great book but my experience is it is the most readily aVailable pre robin batman cover Tec....

Rick I would have thought #35 was the easiest to track down? I have seen endless copies in the last 10 years in comparison to #33.

33 is the "toughest" to sell. 35 one of the easiest (with 31). But there had been more 33 on the market historically due to the origin content and ospg designation. But in last 10 yrs demand has skyrocketed for 31/35/29 due to covers. They are all "available" but 33s, when not auctioned , seem to sit the longest and hence are the most available

Rick I would have thought #35 was the easiest to track down? I have seen endless copies in the last 10 years in comparison to #33.

33 is the "toughest" to sell. 35 one of the easiest (with 31). But there had been more 33 on the market historically due to the origin content and ospg designation. But in last 10 yrs demand has skyrocketed for 31/35/29 due to covers. They are all "available" but 33s, when not auctioned , seem to sit the longest and hence are the most available

This may have been true in recent years past, I have no doubt, but the last two non-auctioned Tec 33's I saw available on CLink and CC's exchange sold within days, and I snatched mine off ebay within 24 hours of the seller listing. As of now there is not one available online that I know of. Whereas there is currently a 29 on mycomicshop/ebay for months, and a 35 on ebay as well, with at least three other 35's I've seen sell in the last six months alone. Gator is definitely a far more savvy expert than I, but in my layman experience I have seen the scarcity-common line more like this recently (of the big four, excluding 27): 31, 33, 29, 35.

-J.

Prices obviously, dictate sales relative to demand. 33s are "cheap" by comparison. Still a great book but the real test to me would be put 29,31,33,35 side by side in same grade and 33 is picked last most every Time (thumbs u

in the past 10 years, I have owned almost 30 tec 31's, 15 tec 35's, 10 tec 29's and 1 (that's right, just one) tec 33....

demand over the past 10 years has lagged behind the other 3....now, don't misinterpret, demand for 33 is strong!, it just generally pales to the other 3 (always exceptions)

in the past 10 years, I have owned almost 30 tec 31's, 15 tec 35's, 10 tec 29's and 1 (that's right, just one) tec 33....

demand over the past 10 years has lagged behind the other 3....now, don't misinterpret, demand for 33 is strong!, it just generally pales to the other 3 (always exceptions)

Wow, spread the love baby! lol

What about this recent data though?

Heritage Auction: Tec 33, 8.0 (fourth highest graded, of three): $68.7K

Heritage Auction: Tec 29, 2.0 $10.7K

Heritage Auction: Tec 35, 1.5 $7.1K

CC Auction: Tec 35, 7.5 (second highest graded, of one): $63K

CC Exchange Sale: Tec 33, 1.5 $12.5K

My Comic Shop: Tec 29, 1.5 unsold at $12.8K for months

Ebay: Restored, raw Tec 35 unsold at $11.5K for months

By the way, I make no secret of my bias towards 33, which existed long before I actually owned one.

:banana:

-J.

what about it?... it lists some sales of some books (shrug)

the tec 29 is well documented on these boards (1.0 sparklecity, gift grade 1.5, priced too high, etc)...

the 35 is not "For sale"...no restored book at that level is a 5 figure book...you could sub 31 ,or 29, or 33 and they wouldn't sell if priced that much above fmv....

I find most tec 29, 31, 33 and 35's sell privately

33 is great, but it is 4th (imo) from a demand perspective

This may have been true in recent years past, I have no doubt, but the last two non-auctioned Tec 33's I saw available on CLink and CC's exchange sold within days, and I snatched mine off ebay within 24 hours of the seller listing. As of now there is not one available online that I know of. Whereas there is currently a 29 on mycomicshop/ebay for months, and a 35 on ebay as well, with at least three other 35's I've seen sell in the last six months alone. Gator is definitely a far more savvy expert than I, but in my layman experience I have seen the scarcity-common line more like this recently (of the big four, excluding 27): 31, 33, 29, 35.

-J.

isn't Royce's tec 33 available?

he had a 31 and 35 too, and they sold instantly...33 still unsold (or if recently sold, lagged weeks behind sales of the other 2)....

I am totally analytical and unbiased in my analysis.... while I love to own them, they have all lost their luster to me (bound to happen)

agreed. I sold/bought all my pre robins privately

most do....

there is really no reason to auction them (though obviously many do), as a seller, why give up 10-20% to an auction house on books that are easy to retail oneself

most do....

there is really no reason to auction them, as a seller, why give up 10-20% to an auction house on books that are easy to retail oneself

exactly.

My two Pre-Robin's also came from private sales here on the boards.