• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Many thanks for the kind comments chaps - the # 28 I actually took in trade along with a # 34 & # 38 from a customer last year, all raw, and had Matt redo the #28 & # 38 (they had spine tape) - I'm rather pleased with them.

The # 31 I bought rather impulsively from CC last year after seeing it at the London Con, after I kept getting outbid on a 4.0 MP copy they had in their auction, which ended up selling for over $15K, less than a $1K cheaper than this 7.5 - I put it up in the Want to trade forum last year to see if anyone wanted to trade me a lower grade copy, but I guess no-one wanted to part with a low grade one.

Many thanks for the kind comments chaps - the # 28 I actually took in trade along with a # 34 & # 38 from a customer last year, all raw, and had Matt redo the #28 & # 38 (they had spine tape) - I'm rather pleased with them.

The # 31 I bought rather impulsively from CC last year after seeing it at the London Con, after I kept getting outbid on a 4.0 MP copy they had in their auction, which ended up selling for over $15K, less than a $1K cheaper than this 7.5 - I put it up in the Want to trade forum last year to see if anyone wanted to trade me a lower grade copy, but I guess no-one wanted to part with a low grade one.

Nice! Don't let the purple label bother you, that's a beautiful book in any slab colour in any condition. You actually HAVE one. It's a treasure to be sure. :applause:

-J.

I might as well post my own recent pick up and admission ticket to this club. She is well travelled for sure but has now found a permanent home with me. I affectionately call her "Ol' Tapey".

:cloud9:

-J.

Tec33Front_zps142c6c16.jpg

Wonderful book! Major congrats. And white pages to boot :)

I thought you liked them tan

Time to bump this thread with my new Tec 33

Detective33-1_zps2fc9f9b4.jpg

Just love this cover, congrats Bill that is a keeper!

I sometimes think if Kane drew the 33 as a night cover loaded with a full moon and rolling fog (like the 29 and 31), it would be in ranks with the 29/31

I might as well post my own recent pick up and admission ticket to this club. She is well travelled for sure but has now found a permanent home with me. I affectionately call her "Ol' Tapey".

:cloud9:

-J.

Tec33Front_zps142c6c16.jpg

Wonderful book! Major congrats. And white pages to boot :)

I thought you liked them tan

Thank you Ciorac, I figured somebody would call me on that too lol. The "white pages" designation is certainly a nice cherry, but I would have still picked it up with Tan, Dark Tan, Pink, Brittle, or whatever pages it had, just to get one that I could actually afford. :whee:

-J.

I sometimes think if Kane drew the 33 as a night cover loaded with a full moon and rolling fog (like the 29 and 31), it would be in ranks with the 29/31

....Or if one of the dudes in the car was holding a syringe to the other's neck. ;)

I personally dig all four of the "classic cover" pre Robin Tecs (29, 31, 33, 35). None of them come cheap, but I gave the 33 the nod for the first told 1930's Bats' "origin" story inside.

-J.

Ben I agree but I still love it. Great action shot, gun holster, just awesome.
the gun holster and full webbed wingspan (quite different than 29) are underrated. We've talked many days on how the 29, 31, and even 35 have been selling at higher price points for several years now. 33 is still cool.

....Or if one of the dudes in the car was holding a syringe to the other's neck. ;)

I personally dig all four of the "classic cover" pre Robin Tecs (29, 31, 33, 35). None of them come cheap, but I gave the 33 the nod for the first told 1930's Bats' "origin" story inside.

-J.

33s are certainly a bargain compared to the others :)