• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

I'd pay 1200 for a ratty version of just the cover, but not the trimmed interior.

I'd probably pay that for a cover too, since that's really the main selling point of that specific issue. I'm really surprised though how #33 is dropping off the radar now with all the attention on #29's, #31's, and #35's.

33 takes the back seat all the time. The origin just doesn't satisfy many unless you are a Batman completist. CGC has driven many to a "cover only" collecting spree--thus the 29-31-35 get all the glory. Even the 27 is a middle ground cover but its Bats first appearance so it gets a pass. I still think the 31 is the best cover. 29 second. 35 third (has the best splash page though). Respect to Ponsetti Ponseti though who I know loves the 33 :) the full wingspan and pistol holster is still very cool. I predict the 33 will catch wind and make a rebound but I don't think it will ever pass FMV of the 29 or 31 again.

I do love 33. But I love 27, 29, 31, and 35 a ton as well :luhv:

Here's to 33 (thumbs u

My bad...I read the listing wrong and thought it was just the cover...so yeah, I'll vote for 3kish as well.

I couldn't imagine it going as low as 3K.

If I had the spending power at this time, I'd go as high as 5-6.

This comic will sell around $5,000

lol is that what you are bidding?

Youre the king of franken books. It's perfect for someone who has an interior. Cover is gorgeous and its a perfect restoration candidate since it has brittle pages and needs to be married.

$5k sounds like a lot to me. (A complete blue label copy sold for $10k not too long ago. Half that for a restored, incomplete book sounds like a lot) For a little more than that I'd much rather have the complete restored copy in the current HA auction.

Then again crazier things have happened. And if a book is going to bring out the bidders and sell for crazy money, an affordable Tec 29 is as good a candidate as any to do it!

Ok, I got one now.

This is me pretending it's no big deal. :whatev:

The real me, however: :whee:

Tec3110f_zps8fa79c90.jpg

I like it

Congrats Shrunkenhead!

King of the GA Bat Covers! :applause: