• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

So after a lot of work and the help of one AWESOME Rick/Gator I have gotten to this point, a life time dream!

comicstecrun.jpg

Now all I need is 31-37 ;-)

James G

(thumbs u congrats. The tougher part of the run is done...all down hill now after the 31...

:applause:

So after a lot of work and the help of one AWESOME Rick/Gator I have gotten to this point, a life time dream!

comicstecrun.jpg

James G

That is awesome! :applause:

And maybe this is common knowledge, but it's new to me and I thought it was interesting. It looks like this book's splash page art was later 'borrowed' for Batman 1, which came out in 1940.

tec34splash_zps0f7dfd1f.jpg

yep Jon. In fact, the Batman title was created entirely from the planned inventory of stories and art originally meant for Detective Comics...Same thing for the Joker/Robin splash page on the second interior Joker story in bat 1/Tec 40 cover :) Edited by Primetime

And maybe this is common knowledge, but it's new to me and I thought it was interesting. It looks like this book's splash page art was later 'borrowed' for Batman 1, which came out in 1940.

tec34splash_zps0f7dfd1f.jpg

yep Jon. In fact, the Batman title was created entirely from the planned inventory of stories and art originally meant for Detective Comics...Same thing for the Joker/Robin splash page on the second interior Joker story in bat 1/Tec 40 cover :)

I always wondered in the Overstreet why Bat 1 was footnoted as "created entirely from the inventory of DC Comics."

Awesome! Well done and congrats, sir. :headbang:

comicstecrun.jpg

James G

Awesome.

A huge thank you to Ben for making this happen. I promise to give it a good home. :)

Tec29_zpsaa375eeb.jpg

Congrats! :applause: Is this the same copy on CL last year or a new one?

no, this copy has been in private collections the past 6-7 years at least. A lot of 3.5s coming to market lately have looked similar

A huge thank you to Ben for making this happen. I promise to give it a good home. :)

Tec29_zpsaa375eeb.jpg

Congrats! :applause: Is this the same copy on CL last year or a new one?

no, this copy has been in private collections the past 6-7 years at least. A lot of 3.5s coming to market lately have looked similar

Thanks, wow that's like five copies in the 3-3.5 range in the last 12 months. Lots of volume and support for the book.

Edited by showcase22gr1959