• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

Time to bump this thread with my new Tec 33

Detective33-1_zps2fc9f9b4.jpg

Just love this cover, congrats Bill that is a keeper!

I sometimes think if Kane drew the 33 as a night cover loaded with a full moon and rolling fog (like the 29 and 31), it would be in ranks with the 29/31

....Or if one of the dudes in the car was holding a syringe to the other's neck. ;)

I personally dig all four of the "classic cover" pre Robin Tecs (29, 31, 33, 35). None of them come cheap, but I gave the 33 the nod for the first told 1930's Bats' "origin" story inside.

-J.

I seem to recall there was a book pre #29 ... that also had a kind a classic cover ? was it # 25 or # 26 or something? I dont recall the specific digit.

Ben I agree but I still love it. Great action shot, gun holster, just awesome.
the gun holster and full webbed wingspan (quite different than 29) are underrated. We've talked many days on how the 29, 31, and even 35 have been selling at higher price points for several years now. 33 is still cool.

Is that belief backed up by recent sales data? I am wondering what, if anything, you guys make of the recent auction results and sales the past few months when it comes to 29, 33, and 35:

Heritage Auction: Tec 33, 8.0 (fourth highest graded, of three): $68.7K

Heritage Auction: Tec 29, 2.0 $10.7K

Heritage Auction: Tec 35, 1.5 $7.1K

CC Auction: Tec 35, 7.5 (second highest graded, of one): $63K

CC Exchange Sale: Tec 33, 1.5 $12.5K

My Comic Shop: Tec 29, 1.5 unsold at $12.8K for months

Ebay: Restored, raw Tec 35 unsold at $11.5K for months

These recent results seem to suggest more of a parity in pricing to me. Yes they are only the most recent from the last few months, but all trends start somewhere. 31 still seems to be on another level, as always.

Food for thought.

-J.

the gun holster and full webbed wingspan (quite different than 29) are underrated. We've talked many days on how the 29, 31, and even 35 have been selling at higher price points for several years now. 33 is still cool.

Is that belief backed up by recent sales data? I am wondering what, if anything, you guys make of the recent auction results and sales the past few months when it comes to 29, 33, and 35:

These recent results seem to suggest more of a parity in pricing to me. Yes they are only the most recent from the last few months, but all trends start somewhere. 31 still seems to be on another level, as always.

Food for thought.

-J.

can't really compare price points for low to mid and high grade--they are all on different levels. Low grade must compare to low, mid to mid, high to high. I sold my 3.5 Tec 29 in the low 20s earlier this year which it traded hands a few times since at slightly more. And yes, the 31 has its own gravitational pull as do all quintessential covers :)

Food for thought.

-J.

can't really compare price points for low to mid and high grade--they are all on different levels. Low grade must compare to low, mid to mid, high to high. I sold my 3.5 Tec 29 in the low 20s earlier this year which it traded hands a few times since at slightly more. And yes, the 31 has its own gravitational pull as do all quintessential covers :)

I don't think I'll ever sniff a 31 in this lifetime lol.

But yes, I did try to locate the sales in the 1.5-2.0 range along with the two comps in the 7.5-8.0 range. I just found the recent comparable sales data on the three books to be a bit intriguing. Not that 29 or 35 are losing ground, but 33 is perhaps making up a little.

-J.

Food for thought.

-J.

But yes, I did try to locate the sales in the 1.5-2.0 range along with the two comps in the 7.5-8.0 range. I just found the recent comparable sales data on the three books to be a bit intriguing. Not that 29 or 35 are losing ground, but 33 is perhaps making up a little.

-J.

29s seem to have lost some steam the past year or so. I've seen a decent amount of copies circulate publicly. 31s have been far and few on the open market the past several months. 7.5 Tec 35 sold for $63k this evening. Pretty strong price.

Food for thought.

-J.

-J.

29s seem to have lost some steam the past year or so. I've seen a decent amount of copies circulate publicly. 31s have been far and few on the open market the past several months. 7.5 Tec 35 sold for $63k this evening. Pretty strong price.

That was a strong price on the CC auction for the 35 tonight. CC was good with their marketing on it as well: "second highest graded" in the ad and such. How would you reconcile that price against the nearly $69K for the 8.0, 33 on Heritage a couple weeks back? Also a strong price for that one? It seems to me when there are a bunch of one or the others of these things in any given year, it quells demand for them quite a bit. Right now (and usually) 31 seems to be the least available. For awhile 33 seemed readily available. I've seen a bunch of 35's and 29's this year.

-J.

That's a balsy move to purchase THAT book a year and a half ago for a record price, resub it and receive a substantially higher grade from CGC (as if Heritage didn't approve of the grade the first time), then flip it at auction to make a few grand. Who does that?