• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

A huge thank you to Ben for making this happen. I promise to give it a good home. :)

Tec29_zpsaa375eeb.jpg

Congrats! :applause: Is this the same copy on CL last year or a new one?

no, this copy has been in private collections the past 6-7 years at least. A lot of 3.5s coming to market lately have looked similar

Thanks, wow that's like five copies in the 3-3.5 range in the last 12 months. Lots of volume and support for the book.

yep and 29s tougher than 31s but in last year more 29s have been available public and privately.

A huge thank you to Ben for making this happen. I promise to give it a good home. :)

Tec29_zpsaa375eeb.jpg

no, this copy has been in private collections the past 6-7 years at least. A lot of 3.5s coming to market lately have looked similar

Thanks, wow that's like five copies in the 3-3.5 range in the last 12 months. Lots of volume and support for the book.

yep and 29s tougher than 31s but in last year more 29s have been available public and privately.

Let's see if these 29's are in strong hands now. hm

Tec29_zpsaa375eeb.jpg

Let's see if these 29's are in strong hands now. hm

lol my hands were for 2 years :)

Thanks for the kind words, gang. :) I'm very excited to have this book in hand. As some of you know, I sold off a Tec 29 last year because I bought it at roughly the same time as my other big-book purchase (tec 1) of 2012--and that made my wife a bit nervous. I'm very glad to have a replacement copy (and a very similar-looking replacement copy at that). It's in stronger hands this time 'round. :)

By the way, I am a little (pleasantly) surprised that someone paid 1200 for the loose, trimmed, spiral bound tec 31 pages in the latest comiclink auction.

Could be they are playing the parts game and this was the last piece in the puzzle.

By the way, I am a little (pleasantly) surprised that someone paid 1200 for the loose, trimmed, spiral bound tec 31 pages in the latest comiclink auction.

my bid of $667 was trumped with about 25 mins. to go.

The action on the #31 kept the snipers away on the #35. :banana:

I bid on that, but I still think $1,200 was too much to pay for that in the condition it was in.

I'd pay 1200 for a ratty version of just the cover, but not the trimmed interior.

I'd probably pay that for a cover too, since that's really the main selling point of that specific issue. I'm really surprised though how #33 is dropping off the radar now with all the attention on #29's, #31's, and #35's.

I'd pay 1200 for a ratty version of just the cover, but not the trimmed interior.

I'd probably pay that for a cover too, since that's really the main selling point of that specific issue. I'm really surprised though how #33 is dropping off the radar now with all the attention on #29's, #31's, and #35's.

33 takes the back seat all the time. The origin just doesn't satisfy many unless you are a Batman completist. CGC has driven many to a "cover only" collecting spree--thus the 29-31-35 get all the glory. Even the 27 is a middle ground cover but its Bats first appearance so it gets a pass. I still think the 31 is the best cover. 29 second. 35 third (has the best splash page though). Respect to Ponsetti though who I know loves the 33 :) the full wingspan and pistol holster is still very cool. I predict the 33 will catch wind and make a rebound but I don't think it will ever pass FMV of the 29 or 31 again.

CGC has driven many to a "cover only" collecting spree

Well that makes sense when you mention it, I just remember when I was collecting in my younger days in the 90's it seemed like #33 was the book to have after #27.

Yep, but now the "2nd cover" chase has made stars out of Tec 29 and action 7. Good thing they are both awesome covers to boot. :)

CGC has driven many to a "cover only" collecting spree

Well that makes sense when you mention it, I just remember when I was collecting in my younger days in the 90's it seemed like #33 was the book to have after #27.

yah i remember when the 33 was more sought after...imagine if Supes origin was first told in Action 10 or 13...?

33 takes the back seat all the time. The origin just doesn't satisfy many unless you are a Batman completist. CGC has driven many to a "cover only" collecting spree--thus the 29-31-35 get all the glory. Even the 27 is a middle ground cover but its Bats first appearance so it gets a pass. I still think the 31 is the best cover. 29 second. 35 third (has the best splash page though). Respect to Ponsetti Ponseti though who I know loves the 33 :) the full wingspan and pistol holster is still very cool. I predict the 33 will catch wind and make a rebound but I don't think it will ever pass FMV of the 29 or 31 again.

I do love 33. But I love 27, 29, 31, and 35 a ton as well :luhv: