• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

SO whats people's take on the Elflord series, I saw some people mention them but no one said anything aboout them. Are they short print? "rare" or not really collected... :shrug: opinions?

It depends which Elflord you are talking about. The barry blair self-published larger size version (like the ones that Juggernaut has in his sig line from time to time) are extremely rare. I have seen published that the print runs are believed to be 500 or 200. I think Sulipa stated affirmatively in the 04 or 05 Overstreet that Barry Blair confirmed 200.

The Aircel version is plentiful.

SO whats people's take on the Elflord series, I saw some people mention them but no one said anything aboout them. Are they short print? "rare" or not really collected... :shrug: opinions?

It depends which Elflord you are talking about. The barry blair self-published larger size version (like the ones that Juggernaut has in his sig line from time to time) are extremely rare. I have seen published that the print runs are believed to be 500 or 200. I think Sulipa stated affirmatively in the 04 or 05 Overstreet that Barry Blair confirmed 200.

The Aircel version is plentiful.

Although the artwork is horrible, it is still a super little set to own.

I think they're very rare, but don't know much about them. I've never seen an issue in person, and can only remember one time when I saw one on Ebay.

The 1980 magazine-size Elflord series is incredibly difficult to find - pretty much every single retailer I've ever come across lists the 1986 Aircel series as the 1st Elflord series because they aren't even aware of the 1980 series.

Apart from the slabbed copies of Elflord #1-3 owned by board member Juggernaut, I've only ever come across two individual issues from this series in the last 7-8 years or so.

Apart from the slabbed copies of Elflord #1-3 owned by board member Juggernaut, I've only ever come across two individual issues from this series in the last 7-8 years or so.

:o

Coming from you says a lot about their scarcity.

Also, here's the Superman-Bradman. Ian Levine (again, he'd know), says the print run was 100.

356830-SUP_BRAD%20jpg.jpg

Soooo...in what has to be an odd coinkydink, this actual book was on a dealer's wall at SDCC. I saw it on Thursday, and inquired about it (because it had one of thos "ask for price" thingies, which I think are silly), and it was about a 6.5 or so. Not high grade at all.

The dealer said I was the first person to ever ask about it, or even knew what it was, in 2 SDCCs. Price was $350. I didn't really have that much cash to throw around, but I called Finghé to see what he thought. He thought it was a steal. and that I should buy it.

I didn't buy it. I always imagine I'll find anything for a price I'm willing to pay, and that generally holds true. But, out of curiosity, I went back today to see what the price was. It was now $500.

lol

Apparently, the dealer had gotten an offer from Jamie Graham for $450, and from a collector for $500. I kinda chuckled, and said "no problem. Thanks for letting me know."

Now....I know it's rare. I get it. And, though I cannot find hide nor hair of it, apparently an 8.0 copy sold for $2,000 recently. So, even in 6.0-6.5 condition, it's probably "worth" $500.

But I just can't bring myself to pay that kinda scratch for a 1980's Supes book that is mostly reprint anyways...

Call me crazy. :insane:

What about this Twisted Metal video game comic put out by DC in 1996?

I have yet to see a picture of it and google doesn`t have much information about it as well. MYCOMICSHOP has it listed but not in stock and forget Ebay they don`t have it either.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I have yet to see a picture of it and google doesn`t have much information about it as well. MYCOMICSHOP has it listed but not in stock and forget Ebay they don`t have it either.

:taptaptap:

Maybe you should ask this question in the ''Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books''

lol

:taptaptap:

Maybe you should ask this question in the ''Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books''

lol

doh!

Yeah maybe we should start a new thread about 90`s comics. :grin:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

The dealer said I was the first person to ever ask about it, or even knew what it was, in 2 SDCCs. Price was $350.

I went back today to see what the price was. It was now $500.

Apparently, the dealer had gotten an offer from Jamie Graham for $450, and from a collector for $500.

So was he selling the book or running an auction?

If his asking price was $350, then why in the world were people offering $450 and $500 for it?

And if it were the case that he got an offer from a collector for $500, and his asking price was now $500, why didn't he just complete his transaction for the $500 and be done with it?

Makes me wonder what he would have done if you would have said :takeit: at $350.

The dealer said I was the first person to ever ask about it, or even knew what it was, in 2 SDCCs. Price was $350.

Apparently, the dealer had gotten an offer from Jamie Graham for $450, and from a collector for $500.

If his asking price was $350, then why in the world were people offering $450 and $500 for it?

And if it were the case that he got an offer from a collector for $500, and his asking price was now $500, why didn't he just complete his transaction for the $500 and be done with it?

Makes me wonder what he would have done if you would have said :takeit: at $350.

hm

He probably would have sold it. Finghé told me to buy it, but I just couldn't justify the price. Yeah, yeah, it *might* be worth a lot more, but I also might be taking a bath on it, and I'm not in buy mode for the collection.

Man, I can't believe I can't find a single image of a single cover of Slam Bang vol. 1

coverSlamBang3.jpg

Pretty much everything that pops up on Google is me asking about the comic too lol

They're on the Fanatic Press website:

http://www.fkhiphop.com/fanaticpress/covers.html

Wow, thanks :applause:

Funny, I had even ordered off that website before but never looked around much on it :blush:

He probably would have sold it. Finghé told me to buy it, but I just couldn't justify the price. Yeah, yeah, it *might* be worth a lot more, but I also might be taking a bath on it, and I'm not in buy mode for the collection.

You should have bought it.

Comic collector FAIL.

Comic collector FAIL.

:acclaim:

Comic collector FAIL.

:acclaim:

The ratio of Comic Collector Fail to Personal Growth as a Human Being is inversely proportionate.