• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

How about these? I really have no clue, I'm just throwing them out there. Feel free to shoot me down if they aren't really hard to find. (shrug)

I bought these three books directly from Tim Vigil and David Quinn at the 1988 Chicago Comicon where they had a very small table selling their new books, Faust, Omega, and Northstar. The Faust and Omega show up from time to time, but I don't recall seeing the Northstar book much, if at all.

Vigil-1988.jpg

Oddly enough, despite having multiple copies of both Omega and Faust, signed AND unsigned, I have yet to procur a copy of Northstar #1.

I guess I just don't want to shell out the $25 that people want for them.

;)

And here's my contribution to the 1984 Charltons: :grin:

Funny-Animals-Charlton-1984.jpg

Wow.

That Faust is the limited edition, which is the 1st real appearance of the character before the regular issues were released.

I think there are only 500 copies of that issue.

I thought it was 1000?

Where is RMA when you actually need him? :insane:

There are 1,000 S&N Omegas and Fausts, and a number of unsigned. Tim Vigil told me at WWLA what they were in 2008, and I think they're 1,000 as well, but I'll ask him again at SD.

Here are the 85-86 Charltons I could get my hands on. I have about 1/3 of a short box of them somewhere but . . .

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_I-17.jpg

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_I-15.jpg

Check out the delightful staple placement on this one . . . :P

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_I-18.jpg

OMG OMG!!!! THOSE ARE THE RAREST BOOKS EVER PUBLISHED!!!! HOW DID YOU FIND THEM????

:ohnoez:

:ohnoez::OHNOEZ:

:ohnoez::OHNOEZ::ohnoez:

:ohnoez::OHNOEZ::ohnoez::OHNOEZ:

:ohnoez::OHNOEZ::ohnoez::OHNOEZ::ohnoez:

:ohnoez::OHNOEZ::ohnoez::OHNOEZ:

:ohnoez::OHNOEZ::ohnoez:

:ohnoez::OHNOEZ:

:ohnoez:

(thumbs u

How about these? I really have no clue, I'm just throwing them out there. Feel free to shoot me down if they aren't really hard to find. (shrug)

I bought these three books directly from Tim Vigil and David Quinn at the 1988 Chicago Comicon where they had a very small table selling their new books, Faust, Omega, and Northstar. The Faust and Omega show up from time to time, but I don't recall seeing the Northstar book much, if at all.

Vigil-1988.jpg

doh! I forgot about Northstar #1. That is a hard comic to find.

Damn,are they really htf? When I moved last year there were some copies of Omega, and Northstar that went to the recycling plant. :P Two long boxes of "junky indy books".

Damn,are they really htf? When I moved last year there were some copies of Omega, and Northstar that went to the recycling plant. :P Two long boxes of "junky indy books".

:o

:sorry:

I found some Thundercats in a quarter box yesterday so it all works out. Kinda.

Just doing your part to keep the books scarce :golfclap:

I hope that's a joke. :sick:

I have, in 20 years, never managed to own one, though if I just wanted to throw money at one, I could. Too many people want too much money for them. Someday.

Wait wait wait. I thought your whole theory behind this stuff was "omg this stuff is so rare and so cheap right now, the golden age of buying" he says :preach: So these are going to come down? :popcorn:

(yes i like giving you a hard time)

I hope that's a joke. :sick:

I don't think Jason is kidding.

I have, in 20 years, never managed to own one, though if I just wanted to throw money at one, I could. Too many people want too much money for them. Someday.

Wait wait wait. I thought your whole theory behind this stuff was "omg this stuff is so rare and so cheap right now, the golden age of buying" he says :preach: So these are going to come down? :popcorn:

(yes i like giving you a hard time)

You confuse the .0000001% that's actually RARE with the 99.999999% of stuff that's not.

You also confuse conditional rarity with absolute rarity.

This particular thread is about the .0000001% and the absolutely rare.

Obviously, casual comments like the one quoted above are not meant to be doctrinal statements, capice?

(thumbs u

re: eclipse 3D/2D books - I remember seeing a couple of those on Mycomicshop recently - off the top of my head, Alien Terror #1 and one of the ARBBHamster books. if anyone has/knows of copies of the SOTI books i'm interested :wishluck:

edit: they currently have 2 of the ARBBH books

Edited by gaute