• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

The ratio of Comic Collector Fail to Personal Growth as a Human Being is inverse proportionately.

The angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the meat. --Beavis

The ratio of Comic Collector Fail to Personal Growth as a Human Being is inverse proportionately.

The angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the meat. --Beavis

Verily

The dealer said I was the first person to ever ask about it, or even knew what it was, in 2 SDCCs. Price was $350.

I went back today to see what the price was. It was now $500.

Apparently, the dealer had gotten an offer from Jamie Graham for $450, and from a collector for $500.

So was he selling the book or running an auction?

If his asking price was $350, then why in the world were people offering $450 and $500 for it?

And if it were the case that he got an offer from a collector for $500, and his asking price was now $500, why didn't he just complete his transaction for the $500 and be done with it?

Makes me wonder what he would have done if you would have said :takeit: at $350.

He probably would have sold it. Finghé told me to buy it, but I just couldn't justify the price. Yeah, yeah, it *might* be worth a lot more, but I also might be taking a bath on it, and I'm not in buy mode for the collection.

You should have bought it.

Comic collector FAIL.

:acclaim:

lol agreed. I think RMA made absolutely the right call. small print run or no its a garbage 80s supes book

Verily

'

That is truly a disgusting saying.

I would have passed too. I think it's a cool item and probably the rarest Superman comic of the last 40 years, but as a one-off giveaway, I'd rate it up their with those assorted Crest and Radio Shack comics starring superheroes.

I'd be far more interested in interviewing the family to see how he went about ordering the commission, what it cost, how the kid received the comic, etc.

Ultimately, it's so obscure that I just can't see it being easily movable even 10-15 years down the road. $200? yes. $350 or more for a 6.5? Someone else's game.

People...PEOPLE...80's books, please.

:rulez:

There's a whole forum for 70's books over there....

<-------

;)

The 49 cent cover price Spire comics are from the 1980's. That's why I posted them.

I know. Just giving you a hard time, because you're DUB-T. But you DID mix them in with some 70's drek....

Don't let it happen again.....I'm watching you....

You're not gonna be at SD are ya?

I didn't know Mutant Manatee was Dub-T (Tony).... hm

I bought some nice books from Dub-T a few years backs on E-bay....very good to deal with.... (thumbs u

People...PEOPLE...80's books, please.

:rulez:

There's a whole forum for 70's books over there....

<-------

;)

The 49 cent cover price Spire comics are from the 1980's. That's why I posted them.

I know. Just giving you a hard time, because you're DUB-T. But you DID mix them in with some 70's drek....

Don't let it happen again.....I'm watching you....

You're not gonna be at SD are ya?

I didn't know Mutant Manatee was Dub-T (Tony).... hm

I bought some nice books from Dub-T a few years backs on E-bay....very good to deal with.... (thumbs u

I :heart: Dub-T. We go way back. One of my favorite posters of all time, who I finally got to meet last year at SD.

:cloud9:

Some pictures. Not that they are all THAT hard to find....

But they were mentioned....

38460_123226487723612_100001087832702_132984_7502843_n.jpg

Your photo is of the Kitchen Sink reprint of Omaha #1 - a 1st print actually looks like this:

omaha-1-steeldragon.jpg

Some pictures. Not that they are all THAT hard to find....

But they were mentioned....

38460_123226487723612_100001087832702_132984_7502843_n.jpg

Your photo is of the Kitchen Sink reprint of Omaha #1 - a 1st print actually looks like this:

omaha-1-steeldragon.jpg

Wow. Never even knew about that!

How rare is it?

It's pretty hard to find - there's also a 2nd printing of the Steel Dragon #1 (with a $1.75 cover price), so the Kitchen Sink reprint is actually the third or the fourth print (if the indicia says "Printing number: 5 4 3 2 1" it's a 3rd print, if it says "Printing number: 5 4 3 2" it's a 4th print).

It's pretty hard to find - there's also a 2nd printing of the Steel Dragon #1 (with a $1.75 cover price), so the Kitchen Sink reprint is actually the third or the fourth print (if the indicia says "Printing number: 5 4 3 2 1" it's a 3rd print, if it says "Printing number: 5 4 3 2" it's a 4th print).

Its tough, but not impossible. The hard part about finding Omaha books is that because of the explicit sexuality in them, nobody carries them around anymore, so there's no demand, blah blah blah.

Here are a few to start off.

Gobbledygook #1 &2

Raw Magazine

Nexus #1 (Limited Edition)

TMNT #3 NYC Giveaway

Elflord (Nightwind Productions)

Superman Bradman Birthday Custom

Miracleman Blue & Gold version

Eclipse Comics 3D – 2D version (Example; Miracleman 3D-2D version)

What is the Nexus #1 Limited Edition?

There was a limited print run version with a 2-page poster and sketch. I forget if you had to mail in for it or not, but I believe it was advertised in the regular issue.

There was a limited print run version with a 2-page poster and sketch. I forget if you had to mail in for it or not, but I believe it was advertised in the regular issue.

It is also signed and numbered. Limited to 500 copies.