• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Con GA Geekfest 2010

57 posts in this topic

Wow! What a great gathering of folks and books. Looks like a lot of fun.

To RHG: My wife loves your back yard. (thumbs u

And as for this pic:

Detective27.jpg

Which one of you candy azzes is drinking the lemonade. doh!

Not me, not me!!! That would be against the :rulez: and I don't know if my insurance policy would cover it. lol

Another great year at RHG's house. His (and that of his family) hospitality is overwhelming. It is always a pleasure to participate in this get-together. I didn't bring that many comics this year but brought some esoteric rare comic related items for everyone to see.

can't wait to bring my Punky Brewster #1 signature series to show off next year :cloud9:

She lived in my neighborhood in our youth and I can still remember seeing her rollerskating around - she later ended up having breast reduction ( :o ) surgery, IIRC.

adam is a nationally known celebrity and doesn't want anyone to recognize him and his sordid hobby lol

I thought he was great in Iron Man, but a bit over the top in Sherlock Holmes.

I thought Chaplin was his definitive work

adam is a nationally known celebrity and doesn't want anyone to recognize him and his sordid hobby lol

I thought he was great in Iron Man, but a bit over the top in Sherlock Holmes.

I thought Chaplin was his definitive work

His stint on Alley McBeal wasn't too bad either

Hey Adam, how come you're never in the pictures?

Adam let me take a picture of him once, and then grabbed my camera and crushed it with his bare hands. He benches 350...on his off days :o

I appreciate West extending a personal invitation for me to attend, assuming that I was going to be in SD but now knowing about my adversion to air travel. It appears that my biggest fears were warranted, as it looks like I missed something very special.

Jim

Hey Adam, how come you're never in the pictures?

Adam let me take a picture of him once, and then grabbed my camera and crushed it with his bare hands. He benches 350...on his off days :o

I appreciate West extending a personal invitation for me to attend, assuming that I was going to be in SD but now knowing about my adversion to air travel. It appears that my biggest fears were warranted, as it looks like I missed something very special.

Jim

you were invited :o

j/k

Mega-props to Sacentaur for mailing my camera back to me after I left it at his place. doh!

You're welcome - really enjoyed your (and your nephew's) visit! Hope you enjoy the new acquisition. :shy:

Missed the get together for the second year in a row, but fulfilled a craving by taking a friend to Anthonys for seafood (we walked right in on a Friday night with no waiting - couldn't believe it).

I am enjoying my new acquisition but it doesn't equal the high my nephew was on from getting the Star Wars comics. He was on cloud9 all week!

Some really amazing books on display once again - maybe next year I will have something worthy to bring..... :sorry:
Just show up with what you found this year -- that was a really sweet set of books!