• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

My wife, who has not read or even entertained the thought of reading the comics, says that she thinks the average joe watching the show without prior knowledge of the comics will want some sort of "hope" or end to the virus or they will lose interest in the show.

I think she may be right, but I am fine with no one knowing how anything came about or how to fix it.

thought the cdc thing was wierd but i am glad to see the guy opened the gates. kinda setting up rick as the leader of the group based on his good decisions. (although the thing with the light at the end of the episode made me think they were having a close encounter of the third kind). very good episode otherwise, very emotional episode. starting to hint and andrea and dale's relationship and really defining andrea as the tough cookie we know she is.

I thought episode 5 was great! We'll see how the CDC diversion goes. My initial thought was the same as scavas...the CDC building may replace the prison but I suuuuure hope not. Gotta have the Governor!

My wife actually likes the show, and she's a Grey's Anatomy/Home Improvement Show type of person. I couldn't ever have imagined she would watch a zombie show.

I think the scene where the battered wife took out her anger on a walker with a pickax was a little excessive. We had to fast forward through the part in episode 2 where they chopped up the walker and wore his entrails and severed limbs to escape through the horde of zombies. If they keep that type of gore up they may drive some viewers away. Being live and in color is a bit different than B&W paper.

I think the scene where the battered wife took out her anger on a walker with a pickax was a little excessive.

:gossip: That was her dead husband, not a regular walker. She was destroying the brain before he could turn. It seems she was also taking out years of anger at him while she was at it.

Also, I think they handled Amy's death pretty well. I was glad to see the transformation in Andrea. The opening scene last week of her and Amy sitting in the boat talking about fishing has been, hands down, the worst, most insipid piece of writing on the show so far. I can't even watch the scene again because of my distaste for it.

Also, I think they handled Amy's death pretty well. I was glad to see the transformation in Andrea. The opening scene last week of her and Amy sitting in the boat talking about fishing has been, hands down, the worst, most insipid piece of writing on the show so far. I can't even watch the scene again because of my distaste for it.

I liked that scene. :shy:

I also liked that scene. For people that are unfamiliar with the source material it was how they established an emotional connection to these two characters. For my wife who has no idea who these people are it was an important scene. Without that scene her death would have been meaningless. Now if you have a problem with how the dialogue was written I can understand that. I thought it was also acted well by the two of them. 2c

enjoyed the episode, but andrea's character got on my last nerve. that drawn out scene with her sister was a fast forward for me. not the emotion behind it, but the way it was done. that last part with the guy talking into the camera was weird, but okay. i loved the forest scene with shane and rick.

I also liked that scene. For people that are unfamiliar with the source material it was how they established an emotional connection to these two characters. For my wife who has no idea who these people are it was an important scene. Without that scene her death would have been meaningless. Now if you have a problem with how the dialogue was written I can understand that. I thought it was also acted well by the two of them. 2c

Just a terribly forced scene. Of course it was there to give Amy's later death more emotional impact, but it was just so blatant that that was what they were doing. It came off horrendously. Stilted, forced, and disappointing, especially considering Kirkman himself wrote that episode.

Anyone think that the Governor will be replaced in the series by Merle's Daryl's brother? Mr sawed off hand. They never explained what happened to him.

Edited by PEP

Just a terribly forced scene. Of course it was there to give Amy's later death more emotional impact, but it was just so blatant that that was what they were doing. It came off horrendously. Stilted, forced, and disappointing, especially considering Kirkman himself wrote that episode.

My take was that it was an opportunity for them to start to come to terms with the fact that the rest of their families were either dead or zombies (or both, I guess). So, as siblings they maybe would be a little sappy and maudlin reminiscing about dear old most likely dead dad.

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment as much as I am going back to the facts that (1) the TV show is going to have to have this type of scene to keep people interested in the characters; (2) the show needs to not wallow in the misery of the situation; and (3) they want lots of people to watch, not just zombie/comic nerds like us that have no problem with the sense of impending doom, because we have been gobbling it up for 80 issues.

I think the scene where the battered wife took out her anger on a walker with a pickax was a little excessive.

:gossip: That was her dead husband, not a regular walker. She was destroying the brain before he could turn. It seems she was also taking out years of anger at him while she was at it.

AH! I didn't realize that was her husband....the scene was still a bit excessive

My only problem with the scene....she was cradling her sister's head and then proceeded to put a bullet in it, and not blow her own hand off... (shrug)

small details (thumbs u

Edited by AGGIEZ

I have been picking all the small things out too..but then I realize that this is suppose to be entertainment not a source of frustration. :frustrated:

I feel the book is way better then the show but most stories that are adapted for other forms of media usually do not live up to the original. 2c

...but most stories that are adapted for other forms of media usually do not live up to the original. 2c

And I think that is what I've been struggling with. I firmly believe I'd like the show more if I weren't a fan of the source material. And it sucks to say that. :(