• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Sweet zombie attack at the end.

The velocity and veracity in which this scene transpired contrasted to the very slow and methodical drama element in the story. These zombies looked extra spooky at night...when I saw the shadow from Ed's tent I got shudders....

I hadn't thought about it until I read ThreeSeas' post, but the roof guy cut off his hand. I wonder if that's the same hand Rick lost in the comic. If I remember right, Kirkman regrets having Rick lose that hand. Maybe this is a sort of inside joke way to keep a lost hand in the TV show without it being Rick's? hm

That would be an interesting perspective, for sure! I think Kirkman was going a little nuts on the character destruction during that plot!!

I still don't get why he cut off his hand rather than cutting the pipe ... pipe would have been far easy to cut than through hand and bone!

They said in the episode that he couldn't cut the pipe cause it was too hard...I was thinking if I was in his position, why not just cut off the thumb and just slide the hand out? Or at most the thumb and the index finger?

Finally got to catch up last night and I have to say that this episode was great!! :banana:

Kirkman did a great job and really took the series in the right direction.

This show has the right mix of horror, human emotion and comedy and can not wait for the next episode. I do think they need to come up with one writer + director. The differences per episode are too obvious. 2c

I think that Andrew Lincoln + Steven Yeun are kick actors. Shane, Lori, and Andrea are a little over the top for me. But overall I love that many of the extra camp members became Zombie food

Does Merle have a stump and will take over that role instead of Rick? I really hope they follow the comic on this. :wishluck:

One last thing...when is the video game coming out :popcorn:

Merle sure was able to do A LOT after sawing off his own hand. Killing zombies, then heating the wound, then breaking out the window, climbing down the fire escape, getting out the city and finally taking the truck...

He had a tourniquet!

Finally got to catch up last night and I have to say that this episode was great!! :banana:

Kirkman did a great job and really took the series in the right direction.

This show has the right mix of horror, human emotion and comedy and can not wait for the next episode. I do think they need to come up with one writer + director. The differences per episode are too obvious. 2c

I think that Andrew Lincoln + Steven Yeun are kick actors. Shane, Lori, and Andrea are a little over the top for me. But overall I love that many of the extra camp members became Zombie food

Does Merle have a stump and will take over that role instead of Rick? I really hope they follow the comic on this. :wishluck:

One last thing...when is the video game coming out :popcorn:

the missing hand thing is a part of the comic i don't mind them changing. but we'll see

I think the missing hand is a huge part of Rick as a survivor and a heroic icon in this story. If they over look this down the road the TV show will be doing a huge unjust to the comic.

But this is all my 2c

A missing hand for Rick would either look fake, or require a LOT of CGI and greenscreening.

They probably had Merle lose the hand instead of Rick for cost reasons as he's a guest actor and not a regular.

I really enjoyed the fourth episode on On Demand last night. Hoping they keep up with the tone now, as I didn't care for episode 2 much.

:gossip:The grainy HD picture is gonna make for a sucky Blu Ray transfer though(like Burn Notice). Hopefully they have a better film stock next year for higher production values in the long run.

:(

Now heading into a different direction where can it go. The CDC their prison home now?

Just sit back and enjoy the ride :whee:

Is the CDC guy Jim Carrey's best friend from The Truman Show?

Yup. Same actor. We are definitely going down a whole new road here. Seems kind of that they are planning to explain the virus on the show and it still hasn't been explained in the book. But I guess that's what happens.