• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

well , i really enjoyed the show but it now seems like it is really just based on the comics and not a retelling of the comics as ep 3 really had very little that matched anything in the books. i think the comics were very well written and it would be a shame to veer too far away from the original storyline

well , i really enjoyed the show but it now seems like it is really just based on the comics and not a retelling of the comics as ep 3 really had very little that matched anything in the books. i think the comics were very well written and it would be a shame to veer too far away from the original storyline

it is a retelling of the comics. at the same time, it would be stupid and disappointing if they just covered what happens in the books and added nothing. as much as i love the comic, it would make a horrible show as it leaves out a lot of detail (obviously, since it's a comic).

be honest. you just don't like some of the additions. but there's nothing wrong with veering off a little bit, which is what they've done.

stick around for episode 4, IIRC Kirkman wrote it

stick around for episode 4, IIRC Kirkman wrote it

:banana:

No Tyrese = Crappy tv show! :sumo:

This sucks for me. My two fav characters completely butchered by the series. Tyrese and Andrea.

I'm hoping we see Tyreese by the end of Season 1. I know there's an African American actor that was cast that isn't T-Dog. But I don't think his role was ever disclosed.

Do we know for sure that Tyrese will be in the show? I'm guessing that Morgan will be back before the end of this season, and I sort of expect him to play the same type of character as Tyrese.

Do we know for sure that Tyrese will be in the show? I'm guessing that Morgan will be back before the end of this season, and I sort of expect him to play the same type of character as Tyrese.

This is what Maloney said. I am still very unhappy at the mere thought of Tyrese not being in the show. :mad:

What I loved about this version in the TV show was the setup that Morgan will probably be back. Going back for the radio to warn and talk to Morgan totally is consistent with the idea that Morgan will replace Tyreese. This was mentioned waaaaaay back by Kirkman as his original plan for the comic.

I love this idea since I think the guy who played Morgan is a fantastic actor.

AMC has released 30 images and a preview clip from "Vatos," the Sunday, Nov. 21 episode of The Walking Dead.

Here's how AMC describes the episode:

"Rick's mission to Atlanta is jeopardized when things go awry. Jim becomes unhinged in camp."

Wow, these are awesome:

walkingdead21.jpg

walkingdead30.jpg

More pics here:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1011/17/index.htm

This is what Maloney said. I am still very unhappy at the mere thought of Tyrese not being in the show. :mad:

What I loved about this version in the TV show was the setup that Morgan will probably be back. Going back for the radio to warn and talk to Morgan totally is consistent with the idea that Morgan will replace Tyreese. This was mentioned waaaaaay back by Kirkman as his original plan for the comic.

Ah, good to see everyone's on the ball here. I obviously haven't read the entire thread.

I'm starting to warm to more of the characters now that I've seen #3. I still need to stop asking myself who this or that character is supposed to be and trying to remember the early stories of the comic. It's getting in the way of enjoying the show for what it is.

AMC has released 30 images and a preview clip from "Vatos," the Sunday, Nov. 21 episode of The Walking Dead.

Here's how AMC describes the episode:

"Rick's mission to Atlanta is jeopardized when things go awry. Jim becomes unhinged in camp."

Wow, these are awesome:

walkingdead21.jpg

walkingdead30.jpg

More pics here:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1011/17/index.htm

:headbang:

Ah, good to see everyone's on the ball here. I obviously haven't read the entire thread.

I'm starting to warm to more of the characters now that I've seen #3. I still need to stop asking myself who this or that character is supposed to be and trying to remember the early stories of the comic. It's getting in the way of enjoying the show for what it is.

I agree. I probably would like the show better if I hadn't read the comic first. Then again, I would probably never even have given the show a chance if it wasn't for the comic.

Those are beautiful pictures.

Yeh, "beautiful" isn't exactly the word I would have picked.

VERY cool makeup art, definitely realistic looking zombies, but "beautiful"...I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. (shrug)

I really like this show so far. I have always been a fan of the "after the end of the world' type shows. I just wish I was buying new comics when TWD came out. I have not read any of the Walking Dead comics yet

I thought the scene on the roof played by the handcuffed guy was well done. You could just feel the emotions.

okay spoiler alert, read no further if you haven't watched the latest episode.

As soon as he was first handcuffed there I thought to myself "they wouldn't" and here with the latest episode they did infer that he cut his own hand off. Sigh.. Anyone that has ever cut anything metal with a hacksaw should have thought of a better way to solve that situation.

The handcuffs most likely are of a hardened steel or titanium so the blade could not cut through them, but the ductwork support that he was handcuffed to would have been an easy five minute cut with a hacksaw. I knew it wasn't pipe as it flexed when he kicked it. Air duct for make-up air units and ventilation systems is made of thinner stuff then liquid holding pipe. (sorry maybe I an reading too much into this but the company I work for makes and installs a version of this ductwork). In the same situation I would have kicked the duct until it broke, then reef on the support until it broke free from the roof. If the duct support rod was too difficult he should have cut the nut off the end of the threaded rod and been out of there. Now granted in a panic-type situation he wouldn't have been thinking too clearly but to me he looked like that type of guy that would know a little bit about tools and mechanical things.

All in all a pretty good show and I will try to not let little things like this bug me.

Those are beautiful pictures.

Yeh, "beautiful" isn't exactly the word I would have picked.

VERY cool makeup art, definitely realistic looking zombies, but "beautiful"...I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. (shrug)

:roflmao:

i never said i was going to stop watching. and perhaps i am a bit not in love with the changes from the book so far. guess i would like to see it get back to things i expect to happen as there are so many moments i am waiting for.

i thought ep6 was written by kirkman. but if it is this weeks i am excited to hear that