• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculating on Moderns that are going to heat up BEFORE they ship THIS week.

591 posts in this topic

I won't buy that one even to flip it. Hell I might pass on a collection if I see this book in it.

What if it had a bunch of marvel #1s in it ? hm I duno what everyones getting all upiity about its just a picture. Reactions like this are more than likely just what the person who came up with the idea was going for ...

It would have to be a bunch of SA Marvels very underpriced :-)

lol did you just call me uppity?

Mary ripping the guts out of Baby Jesus does nothing to provoke the senses, it's just gross. It's blatant shock value for the sake of shock value. It's not like it's a political statement, or a theological statement, it's offensive for the sake of being offensive.

Now if the artist comes back and says the reason he chose to do this picture was to illustrate how even a capitalistic society will devour it's savior for the sake of a few dollars (or something like that), then at least it's got some sort of deeper meaning.

well, first off, dead babies/babies being eaten alive is just plain offensive, jesus or not

and then the biblical scene is a double whammy

but whatever, it's not that i'm outraged, i just ask "why"? maybe father mcnulty was a creep-o and someone has it in for the church, but what did baby jesus ever do to you!

well, first off, dead babies/babies being eaten alive is just plain offensive, jesus or not

and then the biblical scene is a double whammy

but whatever, it's not that i'm outraged, i just ask "why"? maybe father mcnulty was a creep-o and someone has it in for the church, but what did baby jesus ever do to you!

+1 Poor baby Jesus. :sorry:

Reactions like this are more than likely just what the person who came up with the idea was going for ...

Exactly. This is all it takes for people to start talking about it and then people might look for it. Good or bad people are saying something about it.

It would have to be a bunch of SA Marvels very underpriced :-)

lol did you just call me uppity?

You and everyone else I guess ... uhhmm... ?sorry?... (shrug):roflmao:

Reactions like this are more than likely just what the person who came up with the idea was going for ...

Exactly. This is all it takes for people to start talking about it and then people might look for it. Good or bad people are saying something about it.

Ding ding! ^^

Maybe the artist was molested by a priest as a kid and got beaten by nuns in school. It would certainly help skew his outlook on organized religion a bit.

so what does that have to do with baby jesus? if you hate the catholic church have a cover with baby jesus vaporizing some pedophiles with his lazer vision or something!

Just found this list posted today on Bleeding Cool. #5 is of most interest to me as it was the same pick I made.

Bleeding Cool

1. 27 #1. Image Comics have had a run of creator owned titles that have had stellar orders but have gnerated huige excitement amongst an audience. Walking Dead, Chew, Morning Glories, Skullkickers… and now I reckon the next one is 27. A mystical conspiracy about musicians who die at that age, creator Charles Soules has also tied in an unofficial competition to those who can work out certain numerical clues to win $1000. The book sold out at distributor level two weeks ago and there’s a second print on the way. Basically shops cannot order any more of the first print than their original orders – what you see is what you get. The only snag is, it’s going to be a hell of a comic to list on eBay for people to find. (UPDATE: Image say this book is out this week, Diamond say next week. Maybe we’ll get a split ship – which will add even more uncertainty to the game!)

2. Bring The Thunder #1. Dynamite’s second lowest ordered book of all time is also the first issue of an interesting military superhero comic, starring a black lead, created and co-written by Alex Ross. With a new Kurt Busiek/Alex Ross book on the way this year. I cannot see this book not going up in value in the short term. If you can find a copy.

3. Marineman #1. Another first print, low order for Image Comics here. But with a well regarded creator. The downside is that this is cartoony all-ages work, not popular in the direct market. The upside is that cartoony all ages work often does better later in its publishing life as those early issues go up in value. A long term investment this one.

4. Raise The Dead 2 #1. Dynamite’s lowest ordered comic of all time, with a good quality creative team, a successful first series, and zombies getting a Walking Dead boost right now. Not a guarantee here, but its scarcity may help a lot.

5. Night Of The Living Dead Holiday Special. Nothing more than one of the alternate covers might get some serious attention once people realise that it’s a zombie nativity and that’s the baby Jesus being disembowelled. Dependent on people being shocked.

so i don't need to run out in the rain to get my shop when it opens to grab 20 copies of 27?

I believe this week's shipment is delayed by one day, so books out on Thursday. I imagine most know, but in case anyone forgot.