• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator--how would you grade Richie's new Startling # 10? I note that he says it has neither "restored" nor his dreaded "conserved," but have a hard time thinking it'd reach 5.5, or that even he would shirk slabbing it if it would.

If it were even a mere 4.5, I think $1,900's a more-than-fair price, but I defer to your wisdom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Startling-Comics-10-1941-ORIGIN-FIGHTING-YANK-/141125536060?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Are the Atlas Sci-Fi books Speed Carter Spaceman rare, or just rarely slabbed?

I see them around so likely not slabbed all that frequently (value vs costs of slabbing)

Dear Gator--how would you grade Richie's new Startling # 10? I note that he says it has neither "restored" nor his dreaded "conserved," but have a hard time thinking it'd reach 5.5, or that even he would shirk slabbing it if it would.

If it were even a mere 4.5, I think $1,900's a more-than-fair price, but I defer to your wisdom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Startling-Comics-10-1941-ORIGIN-FIGHTING-YANK-/141125536060?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

It's no secret that richie and cgc don't grade the same. Rely on your gut...impossible to grade off a f.c. Scan.

Thanks much!

My gut says to be happy with my slabbed 4.0 copy, but I literally looked for six years before finding anything other than a coverless copy of that book.

If this were a legit 4.0 or better, I wouldn't hesitate, but too many variables for a no-longer must-have.

Thanks much!

My gut says to be happy with my slabbed 4.0 copy, but I literally looked for six years before finding anything other than a coverless copy of that book.

If this were a legit 4.0 or better, I wouldn't hesitate, but too many variables for a no-longer must-have.

it certainly "appears" to be in the VG range...

It's no secret that richie and cgc don't grade the same. Rely on your gut...impossible to grade off a f.c. Scan.

there is a back cover scan too....

Dear G.A.tor,

FSU is a 27 point favorite this weekend....if you were a gambling man, your money would be on.....?

id take fsu and lay the points.

:)

Do you happen to know the record for points scored by a visiting team at Florida Field/Ben Hill Griffin Stadium?

Dear G.A.tor,

FSU is a 27 point favorite this weekend....if you were a gambling man, your money would be on.....?

id take fsu and lay the points.

:)

Do you happen to know the record for points scored by a visiting team at Florida Field/Ben Hill Griffin Stadium?

in the modern era it was 42 points to vandy in 2005 (we won in ot)...in a loss it was 41 points to Miami in 2002

We are down 8 of our top 11 defenders and our top 6 lbs are injured/out. I would expect 45+ from fsu short of a miracle