• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011, July 20-24, San Diego, CA

521 posts in this topic

I wonder why they're not selling prepaid parking for the convention center on preview night?

SWEET - Thanks for the heads up - Just bought all 5 days for the Hilton Parking!! $10 a day. CRAZY!!!! Last year was sold out and we walked FAR. Not this year. :)

I didn't even try because I figured I had waited too long. Thanks to you guys, I went on tonight and got the two days I needed at the Hilton and saw they still have all days open at $10 a pop. Very nice.

I wonder why they're not selling prepaid parking for the convention center on preview night?

I believe parking at the convention center on preview night will be on a first come, first served basis.

One possible reason for this is to allow vendors the ability to park at the convention center and quickly unload any last minute items for their booths. Harley mentioned that he could not do this last year and it made it difficult for him (and his helpers) to park far away and walk with some items. He said he didn't care about parking Thursday through Sunday, as he always left the car at the hotel and they all got a ride to the Con.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

Where is the best burger joint near SDCC or Hotel Circle? Smashburger? :popcorn:

Not by SDCC but a 20 minute drive. Always busy and good. Great shakes as well. Always on the food channel or Dives,Diners......

http://www.hodadies.com/ in Ocean Beach.

I live in San Diego now for 3 months and trying to find the good stuff.

Hey, just saw Hodad's has a new location at 10th and Broadway in Downtown. Good option for cheap eats.

Where is the best burger joint near SDCC or Hotel Circle? Smashburger? :popcorn:

Not by SDCC but a 20 minute drive. Always busy and good. Great shakes as well. Always on the food channel or Dives,Diners......

Hey, just saw Hodad's has a new location at 10th and Broadway in Downtown. Good option for cheap eats.

Ya, its a bit of a hike and have to dodge a bunch of bums. I understand a SmashBurger is supposed to open downtown soon.

Anyone think there will be any tickets coming up for sale before the event?

I would be shocked if several hundred tickets are not made available between now and then.

Get their Twitter feed so if they announce tickets being put on eBay you are notified.

Also keep an eye out for deals with hotel rooms being released that will have tickets included in a package price.

Ya, its a bit of a hike and have to dodge a bunch of bums. I understand a SmashBurger is supposed to open downtown soon.

Nicky Rottens is good as well - IMO

(thumbs u
:)

I may skip Dallas Comic-Con and just wait till SDCC :whee:

For those that still need a SDCC downtown hotel at this late stage, http://www.hotels.com usually runs a 1/2 price sale every Friday the 13th (May). Not quite sure how they subsidize the rate but try it tomorrow, if you are desperate for a nice room downtown. :baiting:

I can't wait....................Showcase 22,Showcase 22....... :eek:

Hurry.......is'nt it July yet? ongeduld.gif

I can't wait either :baiting:

we should make it an annual thing lol

I can't wait....................Showcase 22,Showcase 22....... :eek:

Hurry.......is'nt it July yet? ongeduld.gif

I can't wait either :baiting:

we should make it an annual thing lol

Well if you can find me a F.F.#1 in 3.5/4.0 for SDCC 2012 That's the next one on my list.I'm willing to keep this going. :cloud9: