• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011, July 20-24, San Diego, CA

521 posts in this topic

andy,

I think Wed. preview night is from 3:30 (or was it 3 pm?) to 7:00 pm. Dealer set up starts on the Tues. morning, as there are many skids to be brought into the 2 floor mega-hall.

SDCC starts handing out badges at 2:00 or 2:30 pm downtown at convention site or 2:00 pm at Town and Country resort in Hotel Circle where the perimeter hotels are.

I believe regular convention hours are Thurs to Sat. 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 pm with Sun. closing early around 5:00 pm so dealers can load out. In 2010, SDCC may have started letting fans in early at 9:30 a.m. due to the crush of ppl. :gossip:

Preview hours are way off.

They are usually from 6 to 9 for regular folks and much earlier for other folks.

xoxo

greggy

Preview hours are way off. They are usually from 6 to 9 for regular folks and much earlier for other folks.

xoxo

greggy

But Andy is not regular folk with hi-powered connections like greggy and his posse. (thumbs u

He asked for the show hours, nitwit.

Well, as usual, I'm the nitwit. I forgot I had dealer's passes. doh!

I Should be able to get in either Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

He asked for the show hours, nitwit.

Well, as usual, I'm the nitwit. I forgot I had dealer's passes. doh!

I Should be able to get in either Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

You're both nitwits.

Where is the best burger joint near SDCC or Hotel Circle? Smashburger? :popcorn:

Not by SDCC but a 20 minute drive. Always busy and good. Great shakes as well. Always on the food channel or Dives,Diners......

http://www.hodadies.com/ in Ocean Beach.

I live in San Diego now for 3 months and trying to find the good stuff.

Where is the best burger joint near SDCC or Hotel Circle? Smashburger? :popcorn:

If you want something downtown that isn't a chain.

http://nickyrottens.com/

If you need a burger fix in Hotel Circle then Smashburger works; as does Fuddruckers.

I will second that. Nicky Rottens makes a nice burger and at a reasonable price for a downtown restaurant. (No knock on Hodads, but for location and quality, Nicky Rottens is tough to beat). If Nicky's is packed, go to the restaurant next door. You can order from the same kitchen and off the same menu.

If you want something downtown that isn't a chain.

http://nickyrottens.com/

If you need a burger fix in Hotel Circle then Smashburger.

How is the pasta at Sloppy Joey's Pizza next door to Nicky Rotten's kitchen? Getting tired of eating lunch at Old Spaghetti Factory in Gaslamp. :foryou: