• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011, July 20-24, San Diego, CA

521 posts in this topic

I can't wait....................Showcase 22,Showcase 22....... :eek:

Hurry.......is'nt it July yet? ongeduld.gif

I can't wait either :baiting:

we should make it an annual thing lol

Well if you can find me a F.F.#1 in 3.5/4.0 for SDCC 2012 That's the next one on my list.I'm willing to keep this going. :cloud9:

I think I have a 3.5 af15, ff1 and hulk 1 for the store opening...if still around in a year, we can work something out lol

Good news folks, the Trooper will be attending this year's SDCC! I have gotten leave approved from my unit and I have a ticket for the 24th! Problem, I would like to attend everyday. So if someone has tickets for sale, other than the 24th, I'm happy to pay!

I'll be in SD on the 20th through the 26th, who wants to join me out on the town for a drink? I'll be staying at my sister's place who lives just blocks from where SDCC is hosted...lucky me.

Good news folks, the Trooper will be attending this year's SDCC! I have gotten leave approved from my unit and I have a ticket for the 24th! Problem, I would like to attend everyday. So if someone has tickets for sale, other than the 24th, I'm happy to pay!

I'll be in SD on the 20th through the 26th, who wants to join me out on the town for a drink? I'll be staying at my sister's place who lives just blocks from where SDCC is hosted...lucky me.

I would be proud to buy you a drink, Trooper.

I'll be there every day with my wife and Dad, so I am sure we will get a chance to meet up at some point.

I'll be there every day with my wife and Dad, so I am sure we will get a chance to meet up at some point.

All of us that are going should exchange cell phone numbers so we could meet up.

All of us that are going should exchange cell phone numbers so we could meet up.

PM sent. (thumbs u

I got notified via email today that my Waitlist hotel was available:

Holiday Inn on the Bay :banana:

I was originally booked in the Mission Hotel circle area. No shuttle bus for me!

Did anyone else get notified the last few days?

Was offered my #1 SD hotel on my wait list, Sheraton Suites, but would cost me $100 penalty to cancel out of Hotel Circle. That $100 will buy a lot of deluxe hamburger platters in downtown SD. :headbang:

hawkman,

Just walk along the Gaslamp and in front of SDCC for lots of freebies, (thumbs u if you don't mind the line up.

question: me and my gf were thinking of showing up saturday afternoon, finding two people leaving comic con, and buying their passes. anyone know of this not working? i assume if we go 2 hours before the show closes, we shouldn't have a problem.

hawkman,

hmm, this may actually work, as quite a lot of collectors fly or drive home after Sat. evening. Some, however, may still need their SDCC badges to get into the extensive late night programming and "free" movies or anime passed :luhv: midnight. Fans also need their badges to get onto the shuttle buses to Hotel Circle or if they are too tired to hike back to their downtown hotel with 2 sacks full of collectibles. :banana:

Was offered my #1 SD hotel on my wait list, Sheraton Suites, but would cost me $100 penalty to cancel out of Hotel Circle. That $100 will buy a lot of deluxe hamburger platters in downtown SD. :headbang:

Did you book through SDCC (Travel Planners)? If you got your waitlist hotel why would they charge you a cancellation fee?

hawkman,

hmm, this may actually work, as quite a lot of collectors fly or drive home after Sat. evening. Some, however, may still need their SDCC badges to get into the extensive late night programming and "free" movies or anime passed :luhv: midnight. Fans also need their badges to get onto the shuttle buses to Hotel Circle or if they are too tired to hike back to their downtown hotel with 2 sacks full of collectibles. :banana:

Great info. Thanks. My gf is from dan diego, so we'll probably stay sat-sun. I figure between both days we should be able to get 2 badges (hopefully)

Did you book through SDCC (Travel Planners)? If you got your waitlist hotel why would they charge you a cancellation fee?

Just missed the deadline to confirm with SDCC Travel Planners for my wait listed hotel. I assumed, doh! since it was passed the May 10/11 deadline, that the $100 change/cancel fee was in effect to break my reservation in Hotel Circle??

Just missed the deadline to confirm with SDCC Travel Planners for my wait listed hotel. I assumed, doh! since it was passed the May 10/11 deadline, that the $100 change/cancel fee was in effect to break my reservation in Hotel Circle??

I didn't ask them to do anything with my previous reservation - they just cancelled it on their own (in fact they cancelled the new one by accident, thankfully I caught it. That would have been a nightmare.)

They just told me it would be an extra $12 a night.

(shrug)

SDCC has emailed all their wait list hotel clients to give them priority to change their hotel from the suburbs (Hotel Circle) to 1 in downtown without the $100 penalty.

SDCC will be releasing more hotel rooms to the general public for downtown SD soon. Be aware that some nights are already fully booked like Fri. or Sat. night. May be OK for fans who only need a downtown hotel at the original reduced Comic-con rates for say Wed. to Fri. nights. (thumbs u

Just got info today That I'll be getting hooked up with a pass for Sunday :whee:

Now, can someone show me the link to the convention hall floorplan so I can get my plan of attack in place?

SDCC floorplan

edit: this is the 2010 layout. Don't think 2011 is released yet.