• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2011, July 20-24, San Diego, CA

521 posts in this topic

Found it, called, still processing, Doesn't look good...

Maybe this is why last July, 2010, the twi-hard teens would sleep in the line up outside of Hall H? Could not get a hotel they wanted.

No email for me yet (9:50 a.m. PST). Wait until Tues Mar 15/11 when we should all get our hotel emails even if it is out in Hotel Circle. :wishluck:

Has anyone looked at Priceline or Hotwire? Sometimes those sites buy up entire blocks of rooms that are not available anywhere else? I'd pick a 4 start+ hotel and see if a $300 bid sticks, cause that is what you are going to pay anywhere in SD for a decent room.

The other option (and I think this is how I found a room last year) is just google all the hotels in the area and call them up one at a time.

(thumbs u

Found it, called, still processing, Doesn't look good...

Maybe this is why last July, 2010, the twi-hard teens would sleep in the line up outside of Hall H? Could not get a hotel they wanted.

No email for me yet (9:50 a.m. PST). Wait until Tues Mar 15/11 when we should all get our hotel emails even if it is out in Hotel Circle. :wishluck:

Yeah and from what I hear they will all be back in full force this year as SDCC brings The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 to the big show....

I didn't get a room:

"Thank you for participating in the hotel reservations request process for Comic-Con 2011. Thousands of requests were received in the first few minutes of opening. All were processed in the order that they were received. Unfortunately, all of the allotted Comic-Con hotel inventory had been reserved prior to your request's position in the queue."

Contingency Plan Alpha is a go! lol

Still working on getting a ticket....stupid me didn't buy it last year while at the show. It's just ridiculous how complicated and fast everything went this year. How do people get tickets after the show sells out? I am looking for just a Thurs or Friday pass. You can't even buy a ticket from someone else because they require photo ID. Is there any other way??

swong333,

If you know a dealer at SDCC, you can try to buy/rent a dealer's pass for those 2 days that you need else go to your LCS and try to get 1 of their 2 Diamond retailer passes, if their staff was not planning on going anyways.

I was shut-out of all 13 hotels from my want list (even the one that was in Hotel Circle)! :pullhair: Back up plan in effect that involves being on Harbour Island near hotel that has shuttle bus to con. :wishluck:

swong333,

If you know a dealer at SDCC, you can try to buy/rent a dealer's pass for those 2 days that you need else go to your LCS and try to get 1 of their 2 Diamond retailer passes, if their staff was not planning on going anyways.

I was shut-out of all 13 hotels from my want list (even the one that was in Hotel Circle)! :pullhair: Back up plan in effect that involves being on Harbour Island near hotel that has shuttle bus to con. :wishluck:

Thanks for the advice - very helpful. Good luck finding a hotel!!

Priceline.com and Name your own Price site still has the following SDCC hotels with shuttle buses available the week of SDCC but at asking prices 10-20% higher than on SDCC's site for those that don't want to sleep on the beach:

Mission Valley/Hotel Circle area:

Courtyard Marriott SD $239/night avg.

Doubletree Club $219/night

La Quinta Inn $203

Town & Country "resort" $183 (breakfast and dinner options here not recommended).

Unfortunately, even the above convention hotels are now sold out via Priceline.com. All that is left is the urine smelling 2 star hotel in Mission Valley at $118/night. :frustrated:

There's always the back seat of the car. zzz

oakman,

there is always the comfort of a sleeping bag in front of Hall H or the carpeted floors on the 2nd floor in front of the 2nd biggest Hollywood/tv promo room. Sleeping on the beach in July/11 at SD sounds relaxing enough. greggy says, "Bring your deodorant this time, dork!"

Should have booked a room as insurance months ago like I did. (shrug)

I'm going to call you salt from now on. Salt in a wound.

:baiting: