• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biggest OA Prices

318 posts in this topic

I don't even lust after Barks paintings anymore. Everytime they are going for around $50k in any auction I see. There are no inexpensive (~$5k-$10k) Barks paintings. They seem to ALL go for big money. And they don't even seem to be rare, so the demand must be insanely high.

Not entirely true he painted a few landscapes and those go cheap. There aren't any cheap barks ducks but then there aren't any cheap Kirby FF splashes either.

Not entirely true he painted a few landscapes and those go cheap. There aren't any cheap barks ducks but then there aren't any cheap Kirby FF splashes either.

Yeah, I've seen quite a few church paintings go for relatively cheap. (You know they are cheap when I am the underbidder :) )

ComicLink's site lists a Wonder Woman concept drawing as selling for 75K. That would make the "Other Comic Line Art" section.

Romita asm annual 3 cover sold for jsut under 105k cash in heritage this year.

Updated

Well the "best" piece in my opinion is the wraparound cover of the monster and doctor in the lab. It is buried in a collection and will unlikely see the light of day (despite my best attempts at prying it loose).

I think a great plate with the same three elements (monster, doctor, lab scene) could hit 100K

Well the "best" piece in my opinion is the wraparound cover of the monster and doctor in the lab. It is buried in a collection and will unlikely see the light of day (despite my best attempts at prying it loose).

I think a great plate with the same three elements (monster, doctor, lab scene) could hit 100K

I think you are right Stephen, the wrap around would be the "best" one. I assume it's also the biggest? If there is one that would break the bank, it's that one as it would be the ultimate trophy piece. Having said that, there are a half dozen or so that I actually like better, especially factoring in cost. Even some of the quiet scenes are just sublime. Wrightson set such a high bar on this project, and fortunately for all his fans he was more than up for the challenge.

Scott

I think you are right Stephen, the wrap around would be the "best" one. I assume it's also the biggest? If there is one that would break the bank, it's that one as it would be the ultimate trophy piece. Having said that, there are a half dozen or so that I actually like better, especially factoring in cost. Even some of the quiet scenes are just sublime. Wrightson set such a high bar on this project, and fortunately for all his fans he was more than up for the challenge.

Scott

The word "sublime" was created to describe these pieces.