• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: What do you all drive?

223 posts in this topic

Two things about VWs:

1. All last summer this guy in the area had a new VW (I think it was a Passat) sitting in his driveway on a main road. The hood was up, and he had three bags of lemons hanging from the hood over the engine. One frustrated dude, I am sure. 893frustrated.gif

2. A local radio station did a call-in where gay men could voice what their favorite car or truck was. Let's just say the Beetle is veeeery popular with the rainbow crowd. So the next time that guy is tailgating you, remember that he may just be checking you out 893whatthe.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Ahh, cars cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif But is it TRUE 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As for you VW owners 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif, I pity you guys the most. tonofbricks.gif

So how does it feel leaving half your paycheck at the pump? 27_laughing.gif

Not as bad as those VWs heading to the shop every other week stooges.gif

lol....... this coming from a guy who drives american. Do you have any idea about quality issues with american cars?

Who said anything about me driving American? confused.gif

As for quality issues, I work on repairing cars for a living, grin.gif, I never said American cars are the bomb, but I know VWs are bombs 27_laughing.gif

Well, i dont repair cars all day long, but i do work for Cummins up here in canada in their engine remanufacturing plant. We have contracts with not only ford, chrysler and chevy (saturn), we also deal with VW, mitsubishi and subaru. I can tell you from sorting and stripping hundreds of engines a day...european and japaneese engines are in phenomenally better shape than american engines. Youll feel differently when your staring at thousands upon thousands of neon engines with holes the size of grapefruits in them. thumbsup2.gif

In my honest opinion, most reliable cars and low maint. are #1 Toyota, # 2 Honda, great cars to work on. American cars dont make my to 10 list, but VW are no where on my list 893whatthe.gif

Ill tell you what nikos, ill agree with you on the reliability of toyota and honda engines. My gf has a civic, and its a great car on fuel, but in an accident that thing will crush like a pop can. Your perception on vw's must somehow have been warped over the years though. You must have dealt with too many vr6 passats that have so much eletrical junk under the hood, that you cant even find the engine.

I don't have a car...I'm spending it on comics! devil.gif

Seriously though, I used to have a 2001 Camry LE but because I travel extensively there was no need for me to keep a car, so I sold it. My wife drives a 2002 Toyota Sienna--nice family vehicle.

In the 1990s I drove a GEO Metro 3 Cylinder for SEVEN YEARS. The best $6,000 I ever got in a vehicle--very dependable (unlike other Chevrolets this had a foreign engine, body by US)

I can tell you from sorting and stripping hundreds of engines a day...european and japaneese engines are in phenomenally better shape than american engines.

For all you American Car haters...

Looks like Europe focused too much on style and not enough on mechanics...

Japan may still be tops, but Europe continues it's slide grin.gif

As for me...

my topless one

63vair.jpg

my blue wonder

66vair.jpg

(actually... not actual photos of my cars. I never take pics of them, but these are damn near identical to mine)

There is a crapy little 99' Kia that I use for my commuter to work... tongue.gif

Right now I don't own a car. Seems senseless in San Francisco. If I want to go out of the city I rent a car.

BUT - when the time comes to get a car there is only one I want - a Type 1 RX-7. Absolutely love those cars. Owned one for 7 years in Boston and was just superb.

Right now I don't own a car. Seems senseless in San Francisco. If I want to go out of the city I rent a car.

BUT - when the time comes to get a car there is only one I want - a Type 1 RX-7. Absolutely love those cars. Owned one for 7 years in Boston and was just superb.

ZOOM ZOOM AH ZOOMA ZOOM 893scratchchin-thumb.gif