• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest comic in your collection?

571 posts in this topic

bs14FCafterct0001_edited-1-1.jpg
Great cover -- Equally great story.

Thanks everyone. I know it's not rare per say, as there are 18 copies on the census. BUT, It is the rarest comic in my collection at present.

I sold my slabbed copy to VTcomics ? I believe. Love to see some interior shots :baiting:

I'd love to post some but the book is in here now. It will be for sale next week, so maybe a boardie will buy it and crack it out to post some pics!:

S7303647-1.jpg

This one used to be thought of as pretty rare, although I think I've seen a few posted on the boards this year;

DSC02254.jpg

Jay

I searched for a few years to locate a copy, then I was able to obtain 2 copies within 2 months...but, it is definitely "rarely" offered for sale (thumbs u

I agree with my esteemed colleague. Of all the icon covers this is the one I have found it impossible to find! At least at a price I considered sane!

I know I have selfishly kept most of my personal purchases of the last year + to myself, but figured only fair I share a little :blush:

pep34.jpg

the one on the left is simply a partial front cover only, that my buddy friscoman gave to me last year, simply to ease my pain of not being able to find a copy...

the one on the right was my first copy I ever owned, facilitated to me by one of the BEST guys in the comics industry!

the one in the middle I kind of lucked into, but since I am not one to pass up an opportunity, I snagged it for good will

GAtor that is sick! I used to think this issue was non-existant and you find THREE copies in ONE year??? Unreal!

While we're on this topic, I've always dreamt about putting together PEP 23 (because I will never afford a 22), up to this issue, 34. Can you give me your expert opinion on which of those issues you think are the toughest to find (and therefore the ones I'll have to give my last born for)?

Jay

A great run to collect :)

cgc0910036.jpg

cgc0910039.jpg

cgc0910041.jpg

This one used to be thought of as pretty rare, although I think I've seen a few posted on the boards this year;

DSC02254.jpg

Jay

I searched for a few years to locate a copy, then I was able to obtain 2 copies within 2 months...but, it is definitely "rarely" offered for sale (thumbs u

I agree with my esteemed colleague. Of all the icon covers this is the one I have found it impossible to find! At least at a price I considered sane!

I know I have selfishly kept most of my personal purchases of the last year + to myself, but figured only fair I share a little :blush:

pep34.jpg

the one on the left is simply a partial front cover only, that my buddy friscoman gave to me last year, simply to ease my pain of not being able to find a copy...

the one on the right was my first copy I ever owned, facilitated to me by one of the BEST guys in the comics industry!

the one in the middle I kind of lucked into, but since I am not one to pass up an opportunity, I snagged it for good will

GAtor that is sick! I used to think this issue was non-existant and you find THREE copies in ONE year??? Unreal!

While we're on this topic, I've always dreamt about putting together PEP 23 (because I will never afford a 22), up to this issue, 34. Can you give me your expert opinion on which of those issues you think are the toughest to find (and therefore the ones I'll have to give my last born for)?

Jay

I was thrilled to have Bob Fujitani do a recreation for me.....He asked "if I minded if he improve upon the cover......"

106645.jpg.a269348a03d34e2d801808e70d955df5.jpg

I'm a SA guy so i dont have books that most of you would consider rare. This one though only has TWO in the census, with the highest being a 7.5. By far my rarest book.

comic102.jpg

Nice book!!! (thumbs u

Shouldn't worry about SA vs GA....I love both!!!! :headbang:

A great run to collect :)

cgc0910036.jpg

O.K now that's ridiculous! WOW, would you agree then Steve that 26 is also the toughest? That being said, I'm happy with 1.8-3.5, that would be my range in grade, does that change anything?

Incredible run by the way,

Jay

I'm a SA guy so i dont have books that most of you would consider rare. This one though only has TWO in the census, with the highest being a 7.5. By far my rarest book.

comic102.jpg

:cloud9: First GA comic I ever purchased - a low grade reader bought from a Comics & Comix many moons ago!

Hey, if it's one of the few GA in your collection, then it's rare to you! Nice place to start, but watch out GA can become addicting and expensive!

Not sure about the non slabbed rarity of this issue but took me a long time to find a presentable copy and only 2 on the census. Probably from lack of desire, but still fits in with my soti books.

RedSeal163ebay.jpg

there is something subliminal going on here

Not sure about the non slabbed rarity of this issue but took me a long time to find a presentable copy and only 2 on the census. Probably from lack of desire, but still fits in with my soti books.

RedSeal163ebay.jpg

Yeah - this cover creeps me out on so many levels.

RedSeal163ebay.jpg

That cover is so wrong. The more you look the worse it gets.

RedSeal163ebay.jpg

That cover is so wrong. The more you look the worse it gets.

Was this comic the inspiration for the movie "Deliverance" ?