• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest comic in your collection?

571 posts in this topic

New adventure 26? Exceedingly rare. Kicking myself for selling mine. I'm sure swapto is bummed as well!
I know Ian had a tough time finding one...but truthfully, I have seen like 5-6 copies available since then...rare, yes (as are all copies in that era), but maybe not "as" rare as we think (shrug)

5 or 6 copies? Seriously?? Methinks you're blowing swamp gas up my arse. Unless you're counting the copy Ben and I have flip flopped back and forth 3 times....

no swamp gas...5 copies I know for sure, but it might be 6 (thumbs u

:o

New adventure 26? Exceedingly rare. Kicking myself for selling mine. I'm sure swapto is bummed as well!
I know Ian had a tough time finding one...but truthfully, I have seen like 5-6 copies available since then...rare, yes (as are all copies in that era), but maybe not "as" rare as we think (shrug)

5 or 6 copies? Seriously?? Methinks you're blowing swamp gas up my arse. Unless you're counting the copy Ben and I have flip flopped back and forth 3 times....

keep in mind all of these copies are tucked (presumably) into collections at this point...

keep in mind all of these copies are tucked (presumably) into collections at this point...

G.A.tor, I think that the confusion was caused by your suggestion that 5-6 copies have been "available" in the marketplace "since then." There's no question that there are 5-6 copies "tucked into collectioins." Off the top of my head, I can think of 5:

1. Ian's copy

2. Christine's copy

3. Swapto's copy

4. The Heritage 5.0 copy

5. Church copy

I don't think that there is any book in existence of which we cannot identify at least 5 copies that are tucked away in collections.

Here's the rarest book in my collection. Not exceedingly rare to find but if your looking for a presentable unrestored copy it can be quite difficult:

2UYY2CADGNF5JCAZXV5VNCA3DKZM8CA35R6.jpg

It would be plenty rare enough, even if it did have a pinpoint of color touch or some tears sealed.

An underapprreciated book (and my copy is a total POS compared to that, restored or not). It's also the first real newsstand Marvel superhero book, just ahead of Marvel 1.

Here's the rarest book in my collection. Not exceedingly rare to find but if your looking for a presentable unrestored copy it can be quite difficult:

It would be plenty rare enough, even if it did have a pinpoint of color touch or some tears sealed.

An underapprreciated book (and my copy is a total POS compared to that, restored or not). It's also the first real newsstand Marvel superhero book, just ahead of Marvel 1.

nice to see someone else who appreciates Aman 5 as much as I do. :headbang:

nice to see someone else who appreciates Aman 5 as much as I do. :headbang:

I've always been very fond of the book. And would like to have a copy someday

G.A.tor, I think that the confusion was caused by your suggestion that 5-6 copies have been "available" in the marketplace "since then." There's no question that there are 5-6 copies "tucked into collectioins." Off the top of my head, I can think of 5:

1. Ian's copy

2. Christine's copy

3. Swapto's copy

4. The Heritage 5.0 copy

5. Church copy

I don't think that there is any book in existence of which we cannot identify at least 5 copies that are tucked away in collections.

yes, bad choice of words, as I pm'd with ben, etc...I also know a collector in Il that has a copy, that he bought not to long ago, that triggered the "available in market" ...and seeing bens' trade hands several times also led to that...

I was tickled pink to get to have that copy in my collection for several years and glad it went to you (thumbs u

I was tickled pink to get to have that copy in my collection for several years and glad it went to you (thumbs u

Congrats! Nice clean copy.

This is one of those GA books that generally not rare, but is rare in unrestored condition! Guess everyone just wanted to "touch" their copy up!

This is probably mine at the moment. Not a major deal book but I know it's pretty hard-to-find in any kind of presentable shape because I searched for all the copies I could get. I ended up finding 4 total that were worth buying.

Sold 3 and kept the best one for me.

It's the first appearance of Sad Sad - True Comics #55

300a8hx.jpg

Indeed you were my first thought and you know I tried

You did - my fault completely. :sorry:

After due consideration, here's a solo pic of my pick from my prior picks...

100_2720-1.jpg

:takeit:

BTW Steve what grade ? Looks VF ?

grade, smade...just revel in it lol

100_2720-1.jpg

VF/VF- with really nice paper too.

I have absolutely no plans or desire to part with the book (it's the Larson), but if I do another Boardie has longstanding dibs... :sorry:

The only other copy I am personally aware of is jbcomicbox's (Gerber copy?), though there must be a few more out there. (shrug)

100_2720-1.jpg

I have absolutely no plans or desire to part with the book (it's the Larson), but if I do another Boardie has longstanding dibs... :sorry:

The only other copy I am personally aware of is jbcomicbox's (Gerber copy?), though there must be a few more out there. (shrug)

I believe Win has a copy ,correct... I know another collector with a copy too.... I never had one though :cry:

100_2720-1.jpg

I believe Win has a copy ,correct... I know another collector with a copy too.... I never had one though :cry:

Sharp copy - might be the nicest existing copy?