• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very Bad News, ComicDonna (Mike) just lost his house in a Fire

382 posts in this topic

For those of you following the tragic events regarding the fire and the loss of ComicDonna's home, we are opening the auctions starting at 8pm in the VCC

Each auction will have a facilitator, so if there are any questions, you can pm the person whose name listed as the facilitator.

You bid on the auction thread. Minimum bids are listed in each auction, but they follow this format:

Minimum Bid Increments: Please follow these guidelines regarding bid increments.

Bids over $1000: Bids should be in $50 increments.

Bids over $500: Bids should be in $20 increments.

Bids over $200: Bids should be in $10 increments.

Bids over $50: Bids should be in $5 increments.

Bids under $50: Bids should be in increments of at least $1.

Half the auctions will close Saturday night, and half on Sunday night.

There will be more auctions listed tomorrow, there were so many donations, we just couldn't get them all in tonight.

Payment is due after the auction is over. There are no time payments, so please bid accordingly.

Shipping is included in the bid prices.

Thank you..and here is a link to the VCC hall!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=69&PHPSESSID=

Everyone should check their smoke detectors. All of ours were downstairs only. At 1:00 AM, my daughter came screaming in our bedroom that the house was on fire. I ran into her bedroom, whick was located upstairs near ours to find the curtain on fire. I put that out and noticed the whole wall turn red and was glowing. By 1:05 AM the wife, daughter and dog was out of the house. I spent 5 minutes making 2 trips back in. I grabbed 2 CGC boxes each trip. The second trip was risky. The power had gone out and it was smokey. My wife sent the sheriff after me when I went in the second time. He couldn't catch me though. I did throw up for about 15 minutes afterwards but, was fine except for sore lungs for a few hours. If my daughter hadn't woke up, I am certain none of us would still be here. I am proud of her for her maturity. I didn't tell the parametics I was sick when they asked if we were. They were both girls and I wondered why one of them looked at me strangely. About 5 minutes later I realized I forgot to zip my pants when the fire broke out. No time to put underwear on either. :eek: I walked by about 100 firemen too. You would have thought someone would have let me know.

Another great example of why sweat pants are the way to go.

Ihope I am not breaking any board rules by doing this, but I have a Brave and the Bold # 35 CGC going on Ebay right now and it ends in 24 hours. My Ebay ID is Terry33184. I dont know Mike personally, I have just heard about him on the boards. I will donate 50% of the winning bid to Mike's cause. Skypinkblue can you PM me and let me know where I can send these funds once the auction is over?

Link appears below. Good luck Mike!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250748357724&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Ihope I am not breaking any board rules by doing this, but I have a Brave and the Bold # 35 CGC going on Ebay right now and it ends in 24 hours. My Ebay ID is Terry33184. I dont know Mike personally, I have just heard about him on the boards. I will donate 50% of the winning bid to Mike's cause. Skypinkblue can you PM me and let me know where I can send these funds once the auction is over?

Link appears below. Good luck Mike!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250748357724&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

that's very generous of you. :applause:

Looks like Shin was able to post a few more in the middle of the night...so there are new auctions in the VCC.

More auctions will go up tonight, I have at least another 70 on the test thread, so you can still get a preview of what is coming, I put a few more up this morning.

It's nice to see people bidding and helping out! Most of the raffle prizes have not gone up yet, they will tonight in the last group.There is a wonderful range of donations, so that everyone can participate.

Hope to see everyone in the VCC !

This is a great community and it's really ALL of you that are helping...

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Everyone should check their smoke detectors. All of ours were downstairs only. At 1:00 AM, my daughter came screaming in our bedroom that the house was on fire. I ran into her bedroom, whick was located upstairs near ours to find the curtain on fire. I put that out and noticed the whole wall turn red and was glowing. By 1:05 AM the wife, daughter and dog was out of the house. I spent 5 minutes making 2 trips back in. I grabbed 2 CGC boxes each trip. The second trip was risky. The power had gone out and it was smokey. My wife sent the sheriff after me when I went in the second time. He couldn't catch me though. I did throw up for about 15 minutes afterwards but, was fine except for sore lungs for a few hours. If my daughter hadn't woke up, I am certain none of us would still be here. I am proud of her for her maturity. I didn't tell the parametics I was sick when they asked if we were. They were both girls and I wondered why one of them looked at me strangely. About 5 minutes later I realized I forgot to zip my pants when the fire broke out. No time to put underwear on either. :eek: I walked by about 100 firemen too. You would have thought someone would have let me know.

Glad you are ok man.

And you are right! You would think that all those fireman that are trained and have experience putting hoses away would have told you to put your hose away. lol

Look at the bright side you get to rebuild the house with an even bigger comic cave .... :shrug:

Mike will have to give you the details, but from what I understood yesterday, it does not sound like they can rebuild there.

Damn. I'm curious why that would be.