• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very Bad News, ComicDonna (Mike) just lost his house in a Fire

382 posts in this topic

Happily, Mike was able to rescue 2 boxes of his CGC Actions including the spread from Action #1. He also was able to get out a few slabbed coins.

:whee:

Ditto. He spent a lot of time and money putting that run together - very pleased he picked the right boxes.

While insurance takes care of some or most of it, some

cash can always come in handy.

(thumbs u

Mike mentioned that he thinks insurance should cover most everything and he's confident they will be okay. (Unfortunately, however, he did not have collectors insurance.)

My sense is that he would not want anyone putting themselves in a hardship to help him out. But certainly a few bucks from the community to help them out with immediate needs until the insurance money starts flowing will be great. :applause:

While insurance takes care of some or most of it, some

cash can always come in handy.

(thumbs u

Mike mentioned that he thinks insurance should cover most everything and he's confident they will be okay. (Unfortunately, however, he did not have collectors insurance.)

My sense is that he would not want anyone putting themselves in a hardship to help him out. But certainly a few bucks from the community to help them out with immediate needs until the insurance money starts flowing will be great. :applause:

That is good to hear. :)

Hi everyone:

I don't know what to say other than thank you for all of your kindness, generosity and support. You have all made a bad situation much more tolerable.

Mike

It's just good to know that you all made it out OK and that nobody was hurt. Good luck! We all need it at one time or another!

Hi everyone:

I don't know what to say other than thank you for all of your kindness, generosity and support. You have all made a bad situation much more tolerable.

Mike

We're just glad you and your family are safe. Everything else can be replaced. (thumbs u

Glad the Action 1 1st wrap survived :cloud9:

I don't really know Mike, but it's obvious from his posts and the odd PM that he's super cool. One of those boardies about which there's nothing not to like. Wishing a speedy recovery from this horrible setback.

Hi everyone:

Mike

We're just glad you and your family are safe. Everything else can be replaced. (thumbs u

+1 the most imprtant thing is you are all safe from injury.

Another thought to go along with checking your batteries. If your smoke alarm is over 10 years old it needs to be replaced. It may appear to work with the test button but the actual ionization sensor might be worn out and will not trigger the alarm when a real fire starts. BTW- testing an alarm with cigarette smoke damages the sensor. There is a test smoke you can buy but in my opinion it is cheaper to replace the alarms.

My company reps Kidde/Firex/Nighthawk. If you have any questions PM me.

Another thought to go along with checking your batteries. If your smoke alarm is over 10 years old it needs to be replaced. It may appear to work with the test button but the actual ionization sensor might be worn out and will not trigger the alarm when a real fire starts. BTW- testing an alarm with cigarette smoke damages the sensor. There is a test smoke you can buy but in my opinion it is cheaper to replace the alarms.

My company reps Kidde/Firex/Nighthawk. If you have any questions PM me.

+1

Everyone should check their smoke detectors. All of ours were downstairs only. At 1:00 AM, my daughter came screaming in our bedroom that the house was on fire. I ran into her bedroom, whick was located upstairs near ours to find the curtain on fire. I put that out and noticed the whole wall turn red and was glowing. By 1:05 AM the wife, daughter and dog was out of the house. I spent 5 minutes making 2 trips back in. I grabbed 2 CGC boxes each trip. The second trip was risky. The power had gone out and it was smokey. My wife sent the sheriff after me when I went in the second time. He couldn't catch me though. I did throw up for about 15 minutes afterwards but, was fine except for sore lungs for a few hours. If my daughter hadn't woke up, I am certain none of us would still be here. I am proud of her for her maturity. I didn't tell the parametics I was sick when they asked if we were. They were both girls and I wondered why one of them looked at me strangely. About 5 minutes later I realized I forgot to zip my pants when the fire broke out. No time to put underwear on either. :eek: I walked by about 100 firemen too. You would have thought someone would have let me know.