• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very Bad News, ComicDonna (Mike) just lost his house in a Fire

382 posts in this topic

If someone is going to set up an auction, I have some items that I'd like to donate. Maybe use the VCC thread as has been done in the past?

As it's looking as though all the items in the Holiday Raffle will be auctioned off for this cause, that thread may be a good place to list all of the donations.

What do you all think?

I could get HolidayHam to change the title of the thread to something like "Official comicdonna benefit donation thread".

Let me know if this is a good idea or not.

Andy

If someone is going to set up an auction, I have some items that I'd like to donate. Maybe use the VCC thread as has been done in the past?

As it's looking as though all the items in the Holiday Raffle will be auctioned off for this cause, that thread may be a good place to list all of the donations.

What do you all think?

I could get HolidayHam to change the title of the thread to something like "Official comicdonna benefit donation thread".

Let me know if this is a good idea or not.

Andy

All for it Andy (thumbs u

I had an opportunity to meet Mike and his Daughter at the NYC Con a few months ago. They were super nice people. It's truly sad about the fire, but at least everyone made it out alive. I hope Mike had stored a few of his nicer books off the property.

Even with all of the snarky comments and flame wars that go on around here, I'm always impressed beyond words with this group's ability to come together for each other. My thoughts go out to Mike and his family of course, but I wanted to take a minute to compliment all of you as well - it's times like this that make me realize why I keep reading and posting around here.

Way to go team and happy holidays! :applause:

Just came across this thread...just terrible terrible news! But as everyone has said, glad everyone is safe and sound though I'm sure mentally challenged...I know I'd be. :sorry:

Just don't know what else to say Mike other than my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sending PM now and I have a book or two to donate if someone gets an auction up and running...

Once something is in place, I will be more than happy to get some books into an auction/fund raiser for Mike and his family. On my way to San Francisco, so I will check the boards often and make sure the books are donated when I get back on the 3rd.