• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2011 book club

1,225 posts in this topic

10 January 2011:

38-40) Batman: Haunted Knight TPB (1996) [Collects Batman: Legends Of The Dark Knight Halloween Special #1-3 from 1994-1996] Man, it's hardly to believe that this is the same Tim Sale that draw 'Batman: The Long Halloween'!. The composition, the colors, the pencils... completely forgettable.

41-53) Batman: Dark Victory TPB (1999) [Collects the thirteen issues of 'Batman: Dark Victory' from 1999-2000] Right after 'Batman: The Long Halloween' we have another good story and amazing art. Overall, I liked the 'Batman: The Long Halloween' more, but this is really good too. Man, Tim Sale knows how to draw beautiful blonde women!.

10 January 2011:

38-40) Batman: Haunted Knight TPB (1996) [Collects Batman: Legends Of The Dark Knight Halloween Special #1-3 from 1994-1996] Man, it's hardly to believe that this is the same Tim Sale that draw 'Batman: The Long Halloween'!. The composition, the colors, the pencils... completely forgettable.

41-53) Batman: Dark Victory TPB (1999) [Collects the thirteen issues of 'Batman: Dark Victory' from 1999-2000] Right after 'Batman: The Long Halloween' we have another good story and amazing art. Overall, I liked the 'Batman: The Long Halloween' more, but this is really good too. Man, Tim Sale knows how to draw beautiful blonde women!.

Tim Sale is a great artist (thumbs u

Damn, I don't even have 1000 books in my whole collection..lol.

Not counting comics, I don't think I've ever even read 20 novel type books in my whole entire life. I'm 34 be the way.

and you're proud of this fact?

To tell you the truth, I'm not proud of it at all. Fortunately, I have my accounting degree to fall back on. Textbooks and other professional materials I've read way too much.

Batlash # 1 - As fun as the first one.

Wolverine # 10 - 13: the beginning of PaD as writer on the series. More fun than prior issues. The main problem I have with this is that Sienkiewicz messes up in inks some nice Buscema layouts. Thank goodness the writing is making up for that shortcoming.

Wolverine # 10 - 13: the beginning of PaD as writer on the series. More fun than prior issues. The main problem I have with this is that Sienkiewicz messes up in inks some nice Buscema layouts. Thank goodness the writing is making up for that shortcoming.

'The Gehenna Stone Affair'¿?. I really liked it and had good memories about it. I loved that title until #50 or so.

Damn, I don't even have 1000 books in my whole collection..lol.

Not counting comics, I don't think I've ever even read 20 novel type books in my whole entire life. I'm 34 be the way.

and you're proud of this fact?

I havent read more than probably 6novels in my life. Whats the problem?

'The Gehenna Stone Affair'¿?. I really liked it and had good memories about it. I loved that title until #50 or so.

Correct. David is going for an Indiana Jones type story and,so far, is succeeding very well.

JLA Year One: #1-12

A fun read, featuring virtually every major and minor golden and silver age DC hero, bar one. I was wondering where Wonder Woman was in this revisionist history until I realized she'd been totally written out of events in COIE.

Makes me want to go and read Mark Waid's work on the Avengers now.