• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick Azz Toys From Your Childhood...
1 1

964 posts in this topic

I think my favorite toys were My Pet Monster and Voltron. I also had a stuffed talking Alf doll I liked.

Voltron was great. Sadly I never got around to having the Lion set but I remember my mom finding the other set Voltron 2 maybe?? with all the cars and odd shaped vehicles at a Big Lots of all places. That lasted pretty long until I started losing pieces. I think I hawked it on ebay but can't remember.

Going along with the football theme here, I loved the NFL Action Team Mate figures. Very hard to find now and most of the ones you find are damaged or missing the boxes/accessories. I remember spending hours just smashing these guys together. Like Megos, many came in both boxes or on cards. They had African American figures too, which are pretty rare today. They were about 7 or 8 inches tall I think and they had removable helmets too which was really cool.

What was really cool is each figure came with a full set of decals so you could change the numbers to whatever player you wanted.

teammates.jpg

FINALLY!!!! After 25 years I have acquired a Cleveland Browns Action Team Mate. I'm so juiced about this. You rarely see these for sale outside of the same handful that are always on ebay (typically Steelers and Cowboys). Then this past week a bunch showed up. Apparently seller's uncle passed away and he inherited these, which were in a storage locker. Amazingly, he had 23 of the original 28 teams and almost all were in really great shape. I missed out on getting more but I made sure to get the one I wanted. And to top it off I scored a boxed Atlanta Falcons figure from another seller for 1/2 of what the loose figure went for. :banana: 2 figures down, just 54 more to go counting the African American versions.

Brownsjpg.png

Falconsjpg.png

Thanks for posting this (and the original posting too!)...

I totally forgot about these and now I have to find a Los Angeles Rams player!

mcdonaldland07.jpg[/img]

Love it, tree especially.

I cannot help but ad lib a caption to this photo.

"So what, so I got a McDonaldland playset, you got a problem with that? How bout I stuff you inside this box and then see what you think is so funny."

Edited by Ze-man

Probably. I'm toying with the idea of putting numbers on my figures that don't have them or changing the numbers on the ones that do. If I change the Eagles figure, it'll probably go to either Chuck Bednarik #60 or Jurgensen #9 or Van Buren #15 as i've got the decals for those.